Obama thought HIS name was inconvenient?

john5746

Obviously they forced the issue for publicity:

1) They can't write a name on a cake themselves?

2) Who puts a full name on a birthday cake? Why not "Happy Birthday Adolf?"

3) They named their kid Adolf Hitler.

Jackasses.

They should be allowed to name their kids whatever they want, of course. And ShopRite is free to refuse service if they think it will cause trouble, which was reasonable in this case. Aren't free countries great?

The father is a nutter! He should not be allowed to keep his unfortunately named son.

Hopefully the poor kid will be smart enough to change his name by deed poll as soon as he is legally entitled. In the mean time, a nickname should work. Something like Tom, Dick or Harry.

The parents are allowed to name their Kid Adolf Hitler if they want to.

They are assholes for doing it, but they are allowed.

The bakery is allowed to promptly say "No" to the stupid request and tell the parents to STFU.

What a bunch of morons. I may be a Christian but I'm not naming my kid Jesus.

To iNow

The name is not a problem. The man titled Christ was born with the name Yeshua ben Yosef. His first name translates into English as Joshua. If there is an objection to naming a child with the same name, the objection should be against the good old name of Josh.

It is quite strange how these things happen. Some of the early gospels were written in ancient Greek, which was the language of the literati at the time. Yeshua in Greek became Iesos. This was translated into English as Jesus. Thus names get distorted.

Right. I thank you for the info, but I really don't care. People can name their kid after any mythology figure they want. Name your kid Thor or Ba'al. No skin off my back.

Naming your kid Adolf Hitler, however, only proves that your genes should have long again been removed from the gene pool.

You know, I can't grasp how many people are willing to say "the parents have the right to name their kids this", while completely ignoring the many, MANY problems this will cause the kid. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots himself before he's 15.

Your rights to do what you want end when causing massive psychological trauma that will mentally cripple a kid for life. This is child abuse, pure and simple.

It's just a name. he can change it when he's older.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. :doh:

Naming your kid Adolf Hitler, however, only proves that your genes should have long again been removed from the gene pool.

iNow

I agree totally.

I hope you two are being intentionally ironic...

It's just a name. he can change it when he's older.

Yeah, because a childhood of constant mockery, social isolation, frequent beatings at the hands of any and every bully, and total rejection by civilized society can all be fixed by just changing his name.

Intentionally inflicting psychological trauma on a child - it's all harmless fun!

shit, I got that and my name's normal (but I did have a fluffy blond afro (not on purpose)).

If it's not for his name, it'll be for something else: people are dicks. i'd be more inclined to blame the bullies than his parents, or mayhaps the parents of the bullies.

Actually, thinking about it, with neo-nazi parents i'd assume he's more likely to be tormentor than tormented. If not, maybe he'll have more sympathy for gays, jews, etc? who knows?

Cute -- a thread that automatically Godwin's itself! :)

But it's kind of boring isn't it? The best threads are the ones where you sort of don't see it coming. For example climate change threads that get Godwin'd early are awesome.

Hitler.

You know, I can't grasp how many people are willing to say "the parents have the right to name their kids this", while completely ignoring the many, MANY problems this will cause the kid. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he shoots himself before he's 15.

And his siblings. The parents are going for the whole Nazi Action Playset theme.

True. Aryan Nation, what the hell are those people thinking?

At least Adolf Hitler is a NAME.

I think they are just trying to get attention.

----

As an extra tidbit to this discussion, Wal-Mart immediatly jumped in after this was publicized and make little Adolf a birthday cake, which pissed some people off.

As an extra tidbit to this discussion, Wal-Mart immediatly jumped in after this was publicized and make little Adolf a birthday cake, which pissed some people off.

Somehow I'm not surprised. Doesn't the facade of every Wal-Mart say "Arbeit macht frei"?

Your rights to do what you want end when causing massive psychological trauma that will mentally cripple a kid for life. This is child abuse, pure and simple.

But the name doesn't exercise any trauma. And in a truly tolerant society, there would be no uncivil consequence. The child abuse will come from those that do not practice tolerance and those who do not critically think and therefore not realize his name was given to him, to all of us, in fact.

The parents should be ashamed of themselves to honor such an insane, racist mass murderer as Adolf, and are quite selfish in creating the opportunity for society to exercise their intolerance on the poor kid.

Obviously they forced the issue for publicity:

No doubt. I wonder how many talk shows they'll profit from before this is done.

That's hilarious. While I enjoy seeing a business exercise some backbone with regard to intolerance, I would have preferred a business other than Wal-Mart, and an incident other than this one. As it stands, I'm still boycotting Wal-Mart.

Edited by ParanoiA

And his siblings. The parents are going for the whole Nazi Action Playset theme.

This.

The parents must seriously be checked into an asylum. I mean or else charged (directly/indirectly) for "Assist to Inflict Psychological Trauma in a non-adult" atleast till he can change his name (if it hasn't done enough damage to him already)