Fermenter

bambam

I need to know the price, the brand and website if anybody knows one of an Industrial Fermenter for Ethanol, that can handle minimum 50,000 kg...

thanx

victor

PS: I am new to SFN, hope you guys can help me and that I can help you in the future...

50 tons? Sorry cannot help you there. I only had research-sized fermenters (up to 50liters). Depending on setup they went for around 80-100k (small benchtops for around 20k). You probably should just ask for quotes from manufacturers available in your country...

• 2 weeks later...

50 ton fermenter is kinda small actually. Industrial size ethanol fermenters can be easily 10 times that size.

I don't know of any websites that will give a price. In fact, I am pretty sure that you will not find a price on internet. Companies that construct industrial size equipment must be contacted and they'll give you a price. It's not like a supermarket with fixed prices. Big stuff has a price that you can negotiate.

In addition, people working in ethanol industry will probably not tell you where they bought their fermenters, or how much it cost them. Industry doesn't want this kinda info on a forum like this. That goes for all ((bio)chemical) industry.

Your best shot at getting a real price is to contact a manufacturer. Spend a few phone calls. If you call the wrong company (for example, they only have lab equipment), perhaps they at least know a manufacturer. In my work, I have found that manufacturers often will actually call you back, if you fill in a form online, or if you show real interest.

If you're at a stage where you think that contacting a manufacturer goes one step too far, then you'll have to use shortcut capital cost estimation methods. Note that those are usually not very precise (+/- 30% is what they often claim, but with material costs fluctuating a lot, and the world's economy in a mess, I'd make that +/- 50% of the price).

Anyway, I agree with the statement of Sysco: for the name of a brand, you should say in which country you live.