Site Claiming to Sell Parallel Universes - Based on Genuine Science?

mj_495

Man... if it's not Illeagal, I still think we should start taking advanced orders for the first teleportation machines. We can sell them for a £25,000 deposit with the promise that they will be given first refusal to buy when we finally finish our working prototypes. We can say the deposits will go toward our continued research into perfecting our designs. Can anyone here design us a website??

Sounds like a Vernor Vinge novel, doesn't it?

He published a SF novel in 2007 called "Rainbow's End" in which everyone walks around with special VR equipment that effectively creates what he called "mediated reality". What you see, hear, etc, may be very different from what the person standing next to you perceives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbows_End

Obviously not the same thing, but it seems to serve a similar purpose.

Sorry Severian, an alternate of me in another Universe bought this Universe weeks ago! :D If it's any consolation, I was supposed to in turn buy his Universe from here as well, but your alternate there beat me to it. :D

Deed collisions are mathematically highly probable. Since this site probably exists in a great many parallel universes, and each one sells say, 100 parallel universes, double-deeding is bound to occur.

Maybe we could sell coins that (albeit in an alternate universe) always land on heads. >:D

While there may be some truth to the science, they don't own the alternate universes and can't sell them to you. Also, you will never see or otherwise interact with the universes they claim to be selling.

I'm opening an auction for God's pinky finger. Any bids?