Theory on the rotation and orientation of the Earth

Stokes1127

Hi there. This is my first post on this site and I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction. I have a theory on the rotation of the Earth and why it is set in motion perpetually. Ive been discussing it with a few close friends who are open minded and Intellectuals and they think its fairly ground breaking and a totally new way of looking at it.

I would really like a reputable source to help me publish my theory (if thats the right thing to do) but I have no idea where to start. The problem is I'm a 23 year old with no professional background in this field. I only have the research and time I have devoted to the study of perpetual motion and astronomy.

From everything I have looked up, my idea's are fresh and original. If anyone is willing to help me find the right person to talk to who is trustworthy I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

That "perpetual motion" you have in there is going to give a lot of people doubts before they even look at your theory.

I would suggest that another problem you may encounter is that the orbit of the Earth is quite well understood, and your theory will have to be a superior explanation in order to gain any support. Although it's aminly about QM, this thread gives some advice on that aspect:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13994

I would not worry about publishing until you are sure that you have something which can and should be published. Luckily, this site is packed with people who can help you to establish that. Just to give you fair warning though, you should anticipate... let's call it "robust" criticism ;)

Lets just say limited... Its really just an idea I had and would like more "educated" people to either help me prove or disprove it. I'm the typ of person who tries to invent perpetual motion machines even though I know it is impossible. I like to think Ive come close but reading books and talking to people who also invent similar machinery is where I got my background. Also from reading forums like this one.

I really wish that I had devoted more time in school to the study of astronomy and physics but like most young males my mind was in other places. Now I'm just a young man trying to catch up with allot of hair brained Idea's

, so that we don't miss bits out or teach you to suck eggs.

huh???

What Sayonara was hinting at is that we already know a good deal about why the planets orbit about the Sun and rotate about their axes. At a minimum you need to understand Newtonian mechanics. If you want to add something new to the body of knowledge you need to understand relativity.