An "order" of maths?

NIN

Hi, does anyone have an "order" of maths? I know it sounds strange, but I need a list of different types of maths, and in which order they should be explored. I hope to be a mathematician or a physicist someday, but I'm still struggling with the 10th grade math that I'm doing now >.< so I'd like some type of list, so that I can first perfect the current math that I'm doing with online guides, then know where to move next. Also, this would help me ace a lot of my math tests.

If anyone has any advice, or a link or anything of the sort, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is a more difficult question that you may realize, because one can become a very accomplished mathematician in one aspect of math without even knowing the basics of the other aspects. I.e. one can become and expert at discrete probability and statistics without ever taking a calculus class. One can become an expert on solving differential equations and proving existence and uniqueness of those solutions without necessarily knowing anything about abstract algebra. There are many experts of discrete mathematics who are very weak in continuous mathematics. So, it isn't as simple as there being any one order to take math.

That said, there is a natural progression and it is probably worth knowing the basics of a lot of different branches to see what part of the tree you want to go up. You'll probably want to take calculus, a good probability and statistics class, and some discrete mathematics and build from there.

This is a more difficult question that you may realize, because one can become a very accomplished mathematician in one aspect of math without even knowing the basics of the other aspects. I.e. one can become and expert at discrete probability and statistics without ever taking a calculus class. One can become an expert on solving differential equations and proving existence and uniqueness of those solutions without necessarily knowing anything about abstract algebra. There are many experts of discrete mathematics who are very weak in continuous mathematics. So, it isn't as simple as there being any one order to take math.

That said, there is a natural progression and it is probably worth knowing the basics of a lot of different branches to see what part of the tree you want to go up. You'll probably want to take calculus, a good probability and statistics class, and some discrete mathematics and build from there.

Well, I was looking at the calculus guide, and I noticed that there were a few things that I hadn't learned in school yet, and it's kind of hard to do forms of math such as calculus when I don't really know the prerequisites too well, if at all. I see what you mean about it being more complex than simply a singular line of expertise. I'll try to find out what's best for my self.