Stem Cell created Organ Transplant

john5746

maybe now politicians will see the value of stem cell research and allow it to continue unhindered. although given their past record i see their response going along these lines:

Doctors: hey look this stuff works. let us do it so we can help people.

Politicians: WITCHCRAFT!!!! BURN THEM ALL!!!! BAN BAN BAN BAN!!

Doctors: bloody idiots.

i see their response going along these lines:

Doctors: hey look this stuff works. let us do it so we can help people.

Politicians: WITCHCRAFT!!!! BURN THEM ALL!!!! BAN BAN BAN BAN!!

Doctors: bloody idiots.

Politicians: The growing disrespect paid to religion these days is appalling. We should make it a hate crime to say anything negative about our cherished and time honored religious beliefs.

Looks like more than Spain should be thanked

The transplant operation described in The Lancet was performed on a 30-year-old woman, Claudia Castillo, in June in Barcelona to relieve severe shortness of breath and damage to her airway caused by tuberculosis. The surgery followed weeks of preparation carried out at the universities of Barcelona, Spain; Bristol, England; and Padua and Milan in Italy.

I too am hoping that this will give even more momentum towards stem cell research and application.

• 2 months later...

that is wonderful news!

I really wish they would let them research unhindered. I'm waiting for a day when they can repair my organ. I'm just want health and normal body function. I don't need to be rich. I wish they'd just let them do the research. I'm not getting younger if they can find something to help it would be better than living like the way I have been for these past years.

Theoretically beautiful and now a practical reality. In my view it is immoral and against nature (human nature) not to use this technology. How many miserable lives, blighted by terrible genetic diseases could be saved by stem cell technology? Great news, brilliant research!

that is wonderful news!

I really wish they would let them research unhindered. I'm waiting for a day when they can repair my organ. I'm just want health and normal body function. I don't need to be rich. I wish they'd just let them do the research. I'm not getting younger if they can find something to help it would be better than living like the way I have been for these past years.

What exactly is wrong, if you don't mind me asking?

As someone with some fairly cruddy stemcells, I applaud this. Not for me - I'm gonna come close , I think, to getting an average lifetime - but I can appreciate the feeling of helplessness as you listen to politicians pontificate about a subject they know nothing about when that subject is life or death to you. How in the world do we tell a ten year old kid with CF, "Hey, suck it up; God is letting you suffer so hundred-cell Petri dishes don't have to."