Online Lectures

ydoaPs

I will recommend principles of chemical science. While not quantum mechanics per se, it has a very good introduction to QM as well as the historical perspective of the theories and ideas leading to QM.

The level is undergraduate, and generally easier than Susskind's lectures.

Though many people find it hard to abstract from the teacher's very distinct voice, the ability to do so will pay off. Her material is well disposed and conveyed in a good way.

• 1 month later...

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/Outreach/Public_Lectures/View_Past_Public_Lectures/'>http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/Outreach/Public_Lectures/View_Past_Public_Lectures/

Some new resources regarding quantum information and other areas of modern physics are now available online.

These include Prof. Raymond Laflamme of PI and IQC on "Harnessing the Quantum World" in which he shows how qubits of information can be manipulated. He also shares images that detail the potential computational horsepower that quantum computing may one day

provide.

Another talk features Anton Zeilinger, University of Vienna, on "From Einstein to Quantum Information" in which he recounts, in pictures, quantum teleportation experiments and how such techniques may benefit our communications technologies of the future.

Other presentations in this online series range well beyond quantum information and include Sir Roger Penrose, Oxford, on "Before the Big Bang" and Prof. Frank Wilczek, of MIT and Nobel Prize Laureate, on "Anticipating A New Golden Age".

The full catalogue of multi-media presentations are now viewable online:

/Outreach/Public_Lectures/View_Past_Public_Lectures/'>
/Outreach/Public_Lectures/View_Past_Public_Lectures/

via Perimeter Institute and feature a unique split-screen image so that you can listen to the talk while examining all of the PowerPoint and animated images in detail.

About Perimeter Institute

Canada's Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (
) is an independent, non-profit, scientific research and educational outreach organization where international scientists cluster to push the limits of our understanding of physical laws and develop new ideas about the very essence of space, time, matter and information. The award-winning research centre provides a multi-disciplinary environment to foster research in areas of Cosmology, Particle Physics, Quantum Foundations, Quantum Gravity, Quantum Information, Superstring Theory, and related areas. The Institute, located in Waterloo, Ontario, also provides a wide array of educational outreach activities for students, teachers and members of the general public in order to share the joy of scientific research, discovery and innovation. In partnership with the Governments of Ontario and Canada, Perimeter Institute continues to be a successful

example of private and public collaboration in science research and education.

See:

/Outreach/Public_Lectures/View_Past_Public_Lectures/'>
/Outreach/Public_Lectures/View_Past_Public_Lectures/

via RD.net

WOW i don't know how to thank you enough, you may have just saved me 40K+ $$$ in going back to collage for the select few class's that i would haven taken an allowed me to skip several placement tests that would probably Bar me from getting in to the class's that i would have wanted. and not only that the lectures are presented my Leonard Susskind no less. Thanks again for posting this just made my week and now have several hours of Great info to absorber.:D