Blood smears.

MulderMan

whats a good power for a microscope for looking at blood smears? also ive been recomended to use a mixture of mehylene blue with eosin to get a good colour contrast, so will the red blood cells just be pink (no nucliei) and while cells will be pink with a blue center and then the plasma will be light pink right? and whats the ratio of white blood cells to red? also is there any other tests i could do on the blood, i think i could do glucose with my grandads deiabitis machine or is that for something else?

• 2 weeks later...

If you want blood samples from people who are squeemish and won't be poked, tap their nuckles with the teeth of a clean comb. Then ask them to spin their arms around like a windmill three times. Blood will be running down their nuckles and it was painless. Just a tip.

Just aman

If you want blood samples from people who are squeemish and won't be poked' date=' tap their nuckles with the teeth of a clean comb. Then ask them to spin their arms around like a windmill three times. Blood will be running down their nuckles and it was painless. Just a tip.

Just aman[/quote']

or you can call on me and my services and i'll make a nice and clean incision with my broad sword ;)

You can get a clean view of a blood sample with almost every microscope, I even did it with the kind of microscopes they sell for children, bu then you can't see the individual cells but only colours.. In one mm³ blood you have about:

-5000.000 red bloodcells

-7000 white bloodcells (x10 if you have a serious infection)