microbiology or oncology related projects?

functions

hey all, this is my first time posting here, and i could really use some help!

my friends and i are fifteen, and we have to do a science research project next year. we'll be getting a university professor for a mentor, but we're not really sure of our boundaries. We would really like to do a project on microbiology; on immunity and vaccines and the like, but our teacher tells us it's too advanced. Recently, we thought of doing something oncology related, but we're not really sure what field we can go into. Will chemo be too difficult to research on for us?

Would really appreciate any ideas/advice! :) Thank you! :D

Here's something of an idea that might fly. It's recently been realized that computer keyboards and mice can harbor a lot of pathogens, and medical professionals may inadvertently transfer pathogens between patients by sharing a computer...

So, might be a project to investigate the effectiveness of various bactericides on cleaning and keeping keyboards clean, and whether something like an antimicrobial surface, like the copper/brass doorknob effect could be applied to medical use computer peripherals.

You'd probably have to get co-operation from your IT folks so you could maybe have test keyboards in one of the main computer rooms, and/or take agar prints off the keyboards etc...

This has the potential that if you hit on something real simple and/or clever, that there would be real world applications for it.