Which orifice is more prone to STDs??

well, marriage at least has a psychological effect an added buffer which will stop at least some of them cheating. this is seen in male-female marriages so it seems logical that this trend would continue for homosexual marriages as well.

not to mention a ring on the finger will discourage other people from trying to sleep with them somewhat.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree! Does marriage mean people are actually faithful? I don't think so. Marriage would have no effect on infection rates imo (in either the homo or hetero sexual community).

Be sure to inform you loved one that you won't really mean it when you make your wedding vows. While marriage doesn't come at all close to eliminating unfaithfulness, it does reduce the number of sexual partners, and the amount of acts done with others. If not for the vows, the social expectation, and the emotions of your significant other, than simply from the convenience of already having a sexual partner rather than having to look for one.

• 1 month later...

This is one wierd question to answer.

Of course our bodies point to how things should be in a sense. We evolved into a species that requires sexual rather than asexulal reproduction, this is the point of a penis and vagina, this is what they have evolved to do.

And before i say anything else, let me point out that you can figure figure this way too much and end up realms away from biology and anatomy.

Looking into the animal world there is occasionaly seen homosexual anal sex, i have seen it in monkeys and has benn described to me as being to do with dominance, but i cannot vouch for accuracy on that.

Humans can be considered to have evolved to a greater extent than animals, call it cognitive and psychological development. And it would firmly put anal sex in that camp and not to do with biology or reproduction.

Anal sex does have the following risks:

1. anyone who has had an enema or a camera up the bottom (sigmoidoscopy) will know you are advised to lie on your left side to avoid the risk of perforating the bowel, that is one hazard of anal sex if you don't lie on your left side.

2. The anus is the end of your gut and as such gut bacteria like E. coli and many others are likely to be present, so after anal penetration the vagina should not be re-entered (Unless you have a good wash!) as this could cause a urinary tract infection. And a good wash after for men and women is a good plan, even good bacteria can be harmful if they get in the wrong places and proliferate.

3. Women who participate in anal sex very regularly can suffer with holding thier toilets as the muscles holding the anus closed can become loose.

A common misconception is that faeces are stored in the anus and so it's just agrim idea all together. Faeces are actually stored in the colon and move into the anus just prior to excretion, though if your consti[ated you may want to wait. (oops awful pun). As far as i am aware you are at greater risk of catching diseases like HIV during anal sex. At this point there is little more biology has to say on the matter as far as I am aware.

Looking into the animal world there is occasionaly seen homosexual anal sex, i have seen it in monkeys and has benn described to me as being to do with dominance, but i cannot vouch for accuracy on that.

Humans can be considered to have evolved to a greater extent than animals, call it cognitive and psychological development. And it would firmly put anal sex in that camp and not to do with biology or reproduction.

You may wish to rethink some of your starting assumptions:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36687