Four (or more) Dimensional Polygons

Tesseract

I was under the impression a "hyper sphere" looked just like an ordinary one but could be any size from it`s dimension/size downwards and use the remaining size to appear anywhere else, IE/ a 1 meter wide HS could show as a 70cm sphere in one place and 30cm`s in another or many divisions of and is as many places but to a max size of 1 meter total when added? :)

[edit] I`m absolutely certain they look nothing like that picture you attached (although it does look pretty, kinda like some of these wind ornaments for the garden) :)

well from what I remember, a HS is just like a normal one but 4 dimensional, it has a specific size, and that cannot be violated, it also can`t travel in time either as some speculate the 4`th dimension is all about. but it CAN appear in 2 (or more) places at once, maybe 50% here and 50% there, but only at the same time (assuming consciousness, do this at will). it could also be entirely present in it`s full size in one place or "vanish" to nearly nothing, or indeed leave altogether!.

it could SEEM to appear out of nowhere and inrease in size until its maximum was realised or shrink back to nothingness just as fast.

but it would still be a Sphere shape and could still only fully manifest itself to it`s original dimensions and not beyond.

and yeah it would look strange to us! an object to seemingly appear from nowhere and increase or decrease it`s size, or reciprocate in 2 diferent places at once, as one increased the other decreased, seemingly 2 different items in OUR world, but 1 single item in "its" world :)

What do you mean its world.I thought all the dimensions coexist in the same area. Is space-time (3 dimensions and time) seperate from the 4th dimension or the others (assuming that there are others, such as in string theory).

"its world" to OUR veiw would be invisible, the sphere would be there in it`s entirity but to us would be so infinately subdivdes as to not even be present at all. but still quite whole and intact at the same time :)

time has nothing to do with it at all, and as for string theory I`m not 100% certain, but it would explain some of it, but a casual answer is not really good enough, and the above only works for a sphere, it gets a little more complex with angular shapes, but again the same basic rules will still apply, just that in the case of a cube it may represent itself in many different forms, from a prism to a 3 sided pyramid a flat square etc...

bear In mind, this is all I remember, and so some of the details maybe missing? :(

I still dont understand where its world is.Does not each dimension exist in the same place but merely cannot be seen by humans.People can only see up to 3 dimensions I dont think anybody could see a hypersphere anywhere, even if they do move through the earth (assuming 4d objects actually move and there exists some kind of sentient 4d being, which I would have great trouble understanding if I tried the graspthe concept).Anyway I believe (although maybe heterodoxically) that there is only a multidimensional plane (space probably) where all the dimensions are superimposed one on another, and the human brain differentiates these dimesions and interprets them.

For we cannot phisically see a 4d object but only through mathematics can we theorize on a probable interpretation of one. Even when we represent a 4d object (such as a tesseract), we are only seeing the object on a 2d or 3d plane instead of a multidimensional plane where all dimensions can be expressed naturally (not interpreted).

Im just saying, thats my opinion on that.

it, to US, would be so impossibly divided/fragmented/seperated/dispersed etc... as to be unknowable to any current methods of detection and even thinking in some instances.

and to appear in 2 places at once and yet be the same item is again alien to our way of thinking and general understanding, maybe the strangest part is that "Time" applies the same there as here, only the laws of space seem not to. imagine a 4d object like a wormhole across space, it`s a sphere half in front of you and half a million light years away, you push on it with your hand (supposing that`s possible) and make a dent in it (a decrease in size) at exactly the same time the other part of it expands by the same amount you pushed in, only in that way does it cheat time, but it can`t inherantly alter it either. cause/effect using a 4d model :)

and no, it`s NOT a wormhole and can no more be used to travel through than a brick wall or a coffee table, it`s a solid entity! :)

I dont know of any 5d shapes, I do know of 8d fractals. For example the Cantor set.Heres an explanation.

The Cantor set, named after German mathematician Georg Cantor, is a remarkable construction involving only the real numbers between zero and one. The middle third (1/3, 2/3) is deleted from the interval [0, 1], leaving [0, 1/3] ∪ [2/3, 1]. Now the "middle thirds" of each of the remaining intervals are removed. Continue this process ad infinitum. The Cantor set is whatever is left of the interval [0, 1] after this infinite process. Pictorially, the process would look something like this: ;)

0 1/3 2/3 1

you must respect the fact that the forum is here for EVERYONE, not just you, and that although there maybe many here, not all can answer some questions as maybe it`s not their area of science or maybe they may not have time just yet, or perhaps they are off considering your question and it may take time to supply an answer, you don`t know! as stated above, be patient! :)

you`ll probably notice that myself as well as others do not always reply to the preceeding post, my response was with regards to you other posts in this thread (and yes, as a moderator I can read the removed/deleted ones too).

up till now, your posts have been ok, but PLEASE try to get over this "paranoia" that you`re either A) being "bashed" or B) being ignored.

this is simply NOT the case!