Important Ideas in Science

TheFool

ok I have an essay due in a few days and it is supposed to be on important 20th or 21st century ideas in science that changed the way that you think/act. So my question is, what do you think was the most important 20/21 century idea in any area of science.

Thanks a lot

The 20th century gave us the realization that misapplications of science could destroy humanity. Nuclear weapons pose an existential risk to the human species, and were conceived as an application of scientific principles.

This idea arguably gave birth to postmodernism and the idea that not all progress is progress.

Looks like I'm late to the game and you may already have what you need, but my thought is photovoltaics.

The technology behind solar power is going to play a very major role in our collective futures (in helping to ensure a collective future is even available and we all don't fall prey to the mass extinction event going on right now).

ok I have an essay due in a few days and it is supposed to be on important 20th or 21st century ideas in science that changed the way that you think/act. So my question is, what do you think was the most important 20/21 century idea in any area of science.

Thanks a lot

Something that changed in the philosophy of science.

Lots of things did.

Pick a topic.

I believe that Einsteins relativity theories are the biggest leap in thought and science in these modern times. Everything since has been based upon Einstein. Everyone in the science community to school kids have all come to some kind of understanding of his theories.