The Ethics of a Human Chimp Hybrid

Radical Edward

Is Creating a human Chimp Hybrid wrong?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Creating a human Chimp Hybrid wrong?

• Yes, it is wrong, I am against it.
    • No, it is not wrong, I think that this is fine.
    • Other

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this poor creature (humachimp? chimpuman? whatever we call it) would be treated as LOW life form, probably be used for the entire length of his life.
Not necessarily true, moo. As long as it could speak in semi-understandable sentences and its family could rig the vote, it could become president of the United States someday.

Guest SeriousMind
makes me reconsider what i believe, i mean if its possible, you'd have to accept it as life and decide how to respect it. I think it would be something similar to being considered a handicap person mentally. Any ideas on what it would behave life? a genius monkey, or a psycho human. Aren't chimps naturally more violent and such than humans? wait no that was a very stupid question. . . . . it comes back to why would we do it?

Well why cant it be evolution in the making, for example recent research found that some rattlesnakes stop rattling. Why, because before it help warn other animals know it just gives them away to hunters and such. What do u think?

Guest SeriousMind

HEY people what about those people they found recently with head more the half as small as ours. They cannot talk and are very stupid. They were actually trained like dogs. Are they human?

HEY people what about those people they found recently with head more the half as small as ours. They cannot talk and are very stupid. They were actually trained like dogs. Are they human?

Do you have any linkage for that?

Since Neanderthals had brains larger than ours, maybe if we crossed some of their DNA with a chimps we might get my next door neighbor. Kinda like a human but odd. Probably be a good bowler with ADD.

Just aman

I don't get why recombining DNA from human and chimp would make a being of equal to or less than intelligience of that of a human. DNA doesn't code for traits or intelligience, just those amino acids which form proteins. So what if this hybrid has proteins we don't have, proteins that make it understand abstract concepts faster than us. And it might have the highest EQ if it has a huge head and small body.

Does the child have a better chance being born advanced if it's born to a human woman since it will also inherit the mitochondrial DNA of human? I know some women that if they had a chimp kid, it would still be a better neighbor than some you get in trailer courts.

If it had Neanderthal occipital lobes we might actually have neighbors that would be fun to party with.

A female chimp would endow the kid with chimp mitochondrial DNA and I don't have any idea it would look different from the human mothers. Just curious.

Just aman

Neanderthal life must have been pure HELL!! Small frontal lobes means poor problem solving skills, huge occipital lobes means long memories. Imagine the fights between husband and wife. He can't do anything right and she never lets him forget it!

Neanderthal life must have been pure HELL!! Small frontal lobes means poor problem solving skills, huge occipital lobes means long memories. Imagine the fights between husband and wife. He can't do anything right and she never lets him forget it!

that's not how a typical Hunter and Gatherer society works, so this wouldn't be an issue.

I don't get why recombining DNA from human and chimp would make a being of equal to or less than intelligience of that of a human. DNA doesn't code for traits or intelligience, just those amino acids which form proteins. So what if this hybrid has proteins we don't have, proteins that make it understand abstract concepts faster than us. And it might have the highest EQ if it has a huge head and small body.

while the dna goes not code for such things directly, there are 2 things that may explain it:

1) we do not know what all dna or better yet genome does at this point it tims

2) while it might not code directly for intelligence, it might do so indirectly, at say during the embryonic stage?

for instance, one of the thing that was found in Albert Einsteins brain is an unusually high number of Glia cells. pending further investigation, but more Glia cells may mean higher inteligence.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess it would completely depend on what was exchanged (a bit like in the film "The Fly").

without knowing what percentage was human or chimp' date=' and what parts were human or chimp, it would be impossible to determine.[/quote']

i didnt read the rest of the thread after this post so i may be posting something that may already be posted. my question is similar to yours, would we be creating a smarter chimp or a stupid human? i believe that's what it would come down to. i guess the only benifit from this kind of experiment would be to see if we could do it. i cant see society benifiting from this at all other than to know if we can do it.

would the offspring have any rights? i believe that we would need to regulate all aspects of their lives. they couldnt benifit from most of the things that we benifit from.

• 4 months later...
makes me reconsider what i believe, i mean if its possible, you'd have to accept it as life and decide how to respect it. I think it would be something similar to being considered a handicap person mentally. Any ideas on what it would behave life? a genius monkey, or a psycho human. Aren't chimps naturally more violent and such than humans? wait no that was a very stupid question. . . . . it comes back to why would we do it?

Chimps more violent that humans?? I don't think chimps carry uzis around in their hoods or watch boxing/kickboxing for fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm personally on the "other" position, for reasons that have been covered already, but I'm suprised nobody has brought up the first thing that came to my mind:

"Hrm, why might human-ape hybrids be bad? Who's seen the original Planet of the Apes?"

Mokele

Well' date=' I'm personally on the "other" position, for reasons that have been covered already, but I'm suprised nobody has brought up the first thing that came to my mind:

"Hrm, why might human-ape hybrids be bad? Who's seen the original Planet of the Apes?"

Mokele[/quote']

Just for fun mok lets take a stab in the dark.

1.They gang up and go hunting other monkeys and kill their kids.

2.Only the dominent males get to shag the women.

3.Refer to number two.