The Ethics of a Human Chimp Hybrid

Radical Edward

Is Creating a human Chimp Hybrid wrong?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Creating a human Chimp Hybrid wrong?

• Yes, it is wrong, I am against it.
    • No, it is not wrong, I think that this is fine.
    • Other

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Seeker

Okay, I'm new. Are you talking about the famous "Humanzee" Oliver?

They just showed a documentary about him on the science channel. They also hinted at a possible conspiracy to do exactly that.

Personally, I'm fazcinated by cloning.

Yes, but apes are a clade within monkeys, so monkeys on their own would be a paraphyletic grouping. Ergo apes are a type of monkey, if you want to be strictly monophyletic about things.

Mokele

• 5 months later...

meh, I think they should do it, however since the humanzee is not fully human he wouldn't be subject to fully human rights.

So they'd be creating a second class citizen. This is what I think needs to be decided as ethical or unethical

but as to what my opinion is... I wanna see a humanzee! lol, It'd be amazing if it could speak (or at least communicate far beyond ordinary chimpanzee's using sign language). It could be our first conversation with another creature that is intelligent enough for speech, their outlook on life would be so radically different from ours, it'd be amazing I think.

btw, was spaceman banned 'cause of the flaming war? lol

• 1 month later...

Would it matter is the same effect was accomplished in another way.

If a chimpanzees intelligence was enhances or it gained the capacity to talk. Should Koko the talking gorilla be given some form of status due to her humanlike ability to communicate with people in a complex and significant way?