Who WILL be the next US President?

Pangloss

Who will be the next US President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will be the next US President?

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain

obama will win by Vote Rigging.

Not that I'm accusing them of anything, but the Republicans are in a far better position to rig a vote than the Democrats, considering the political affiliations of manufacturers of US e-voting machines, namely Diebold.

The newest Simpsons episode's intro was hilarious. :D

"Six votes for President McCain."

"Hey, I only meant one of those votes for McCain... this machine is rigged!"

Anyway, the statistics support Obama's victory to such an extent that should he lose some people are likely to expel blocks of masonry-related ceramic material from their rectal cavities, so to speak.

Well, Nate Silver of 538's final prediction is 348.6 electoral votes for Obama (as he uses a probabilistic model). The most likely outcome according to his model is that Obama will win all states won by John Kerry in 2004, in addition to Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, Virginia, Nevada, Florida and North Carolina, while narrowly losing Missouri and Indiana, which would make for a 353-185 win for Obama.

Karl Rove projects Obama will lose North Carolina, for a 338-200 win.

I'm guessing one of these two projections is correct.

And neither were right... Obama won Indiana, which 538 predicted a 30% chance of, but neither rove nor 538 picked

Well, the final results are in... Obama wins 364-173 which is more than 538's projections