Molecular encapsulation of cyclodextrins

borodin

Hi!

I'm in a project where we are trying to study some properties of encapsulation of some phenolic ácids and flavones by cyclodextrins.

I've found this paper: Cyclodextrins and Molecular Encapsulation. Author: Szejtli, J. Source: Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Volume 2 , pp. 283-304(22) , but i can't access it. :(

Could you give me a light where i can search for UV-Visible, IR, pH, Solubility data? I don´t know yet the route for the study.. :|

Thank you very much!

PS - Sorry my bad english! :|

Edited by borodin

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I've found valuable information. If someone needs please PM me! :)

Now we are trying to prepare cyclodextrine Hexa-Hydrate. I've found one metod that is just put the cycldextrine in the desiccator with some Calcium Nitrate. Have you heard about that? How this work? There are some paper where this information is available? Why only 6 molecules of water will connect to Cyclodextrin?

Thanks!! :)

I don't know a lot about cyclodextrins but I know that saturated solutions of salts are used to maintain constant humidity conditions. I guess that the air over a saturated solution of Ca nitrate has just enough water in it to be in equilibrium with the hexahydrated cyclodextrin.

• 4 months later...