E.r.d.

Imaginer1

ERD, Energy Renewal Device.

Of course, what I made was impossible because a force cannot make more than it is.

It was a circuit that consisted of a battery which had two outputs- one to the lightbulb, another to a motor. The motor was connected to a generator, which connected back to the battery. But I assumed it was 100% clean energy that wouldn't run out. I just watched it not-long-enough-to-see-the-battery run out. Aww, I was so close to clean energy! :doh:

no, you were very far from it. that would be something called 'perpetual motion'.

the reason it didn't work is because the most energy you could have got from the generator is the same amount of energy you put into the motor, now, that is a perfect scenario where there is no such thing as friction or electrical resistance taking energy from the system. not to mention the light bulb would have been depleting the energy of the system anyway.

by using the motor-generator part of the circuit you induced more losses in the system causing the battery to lose energy faster than if it was just connected to the bulb by itself.

on a related note, and how i had nearly the exact same idea you had when i was about your age, electric trains use an electric motor working as a generator to brake, this electricity can either be fed into the over head lines and used by other trains or it can be shunted through a big resistor to turn the energy into heat.

the reason it didn't work is because the most energy you could have got from the generator is the same amount of energy you put into the motor, now, that is a perfect scenario where there is no such thing as friction or electrical resistance taking energy from the system. not to mention the light bulb would have been depleting the energy of the system anyway.

I know that, didn't I say that in my post? oh well.