Imaginer 1's Scientific Theories

Imaginer1

Well, I'm only really interested in science because I keep on thinking up theories. Then I want to see if they have been tested, then I'll proboably never figure out because I would mostly have to spend bajillions of dollars to test it. But here are some sci-fi things and my theories for them, and why I think it's possible or not.

I THINK IS POSSIBLE-

Lazer Beams

This is warfare, but I do have a theory for this, but it leads to something else impossible.

After I saw the movie "War of the Worlds" I wondered how the lazer beams could be real. Well, I know this too is likely impossible, but- what if we condensed protons to something like a bullet? would that be what people now call "lazer beams?"

Cloning

Really, it's already happening- but only for females at the time.

A while ago (2001?) a scientist removed the egg cell from a lamb. He then let body cells stay around it for a while. The result? a fetus DID start to grow. it was the exact duplicate of the lamb because there was no other genes to be mixed besides hers.

Teleportation

Really, you got to think about it more simple. People in Quantum Physics are already developing scanners that can tell oxygen from hydrogen or whatever. So if you took all the elements of yourself, turned them into electric signals like a phone does, and send it to another pod-

Well, now I'm stuck. at this point there is a clone of you who likely doesn't have a beating heart somewhere across the country or something. If you have any ideas, help me out!

Preventing age

I read a book saying that people die of natural causes- old age, really- is because DNA strands fall and die (I don't think I can really believe that book, huh) so if we prevented the strands to fall, what would happen? eternal life? (SEE FRANKENSTIEN UNDER IMPOSSIBLE)

I THINK IS NOT POSSIBLE-

Frankenstien- the animation of dead tissue

TOO scary for me to think about. and if I DID get a theory, alot of people would really be angry or upset at me. So I don't really want to get in trouble.

(but I am thinking about it. SHH!)

Time Travel

Completely impossible. I doubt that in zillions of years, man will have a time machine. I already have proof. No one is coming to visit us, and they talk as if time is a solid. It's not. It's something that is in your mind. it doesn't exist.

Lazer Beams

This is warfare, but I do have a theory for this, but it leads to something else impossible.

After I saw the movie "War of the Worlds" I wondered how the lazer beams could be real. Well, I know this too is likely impossible, but- what if we condensed protons to something like a bullet? would that be what people now call "lazer beams?"

LASER, not lazer. laser stands for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

what you are talking about by having a proton 'bullet' is a plasma weapon. this would be inneffective in an atmosphere beyond a few meters but may have applications in space-to-space weaponry, again it would have limited range.

Cloning

A while ago (2001?) a scientist removed the egg cell from a lamb. He then let body cells stay around it for a while. The result? a fetus DID start to grow. it was the exact duplicate of the lamb because there was no other genes to be mixed besides hers.

inserting a males genes into the egg can be done. this effectively uses the 'mother' as an incubator

Teleportation

Really, you got to think about it more simple. People in Quantum Physics are already developing scanners that can tell oxygen from hydrogen or whatever. So if you took all the elements of yourself, turned them into electric signals like a phone does, and send it to another pod-

Well, now I'm stuck. at this point there is a clone of you who likely doesn't have a beating heart somewhere across the country or something. If you have any ideas, help me out!

massive amounts of information are required for this, and if you have the technology to reconstruct an entire human at the subatomic scale then you are going to be able to give that body life.

Preventing age

I read a book saying that people die of natural causes- old age, really- is because DNA strands fall and die (I don't think I can really believe that book, huh) so if we prevented the strands to fall, what would happen? eternal life? (SEE FRANKENSTIEN UNDER IMPOSSIBLE)

there's more to it than that, but biologists are still working on an actual answer.

I THINK IS NOT POSSIBLE-

TOO scary for me to think about. and if I DID get a theory, alot of people would really be angry or upset at me. So I don't really want to get in trouble.

actually, this is quite plausible, when someone dies the body is still technically living as the biochemical reactions are still taking place, muscles will still respond to nerve impulse and so on its just that the body is no longer functioning on an electrical level. and it would take something a bit more complex than a jolt from a lightning bolt to set it right.

Time Travel

Completely impossible. I doubt that in zillions of years, man will have a time machine. I already have proof. No one is coming to visit us, and they talk as if time is a solid. It's not. It's something that is in your mind. it doesn't exist.

lack of evidence is not evidence of lack. but the curently known laws of physics disallow it for other reasons.

I THINK IS NOT POSSIBLE-

actually, this is quite plausible, when someone dies the body is still technically living as the biochemical reactions are still taking place, muscles will still respond to nerve impulse and so on its just that the body is no longer functioning on an electrical level. and it would take something a bit more complex than a jolt from a lightning bolt to set it right.

You said that. Well, I know it's more complex than a bolt of lighting. Ever since my uncle died I have like a HUGE book. First I would need to know how long cells could sustain themselves after the organism has died. The red blood cells WOULD go first. But if your work space was highly perfected, with maybe pressurized oxygen to diffuse into the cells. Really, you are correct. Muscles can still react to impulses- but can the human still make the impulses? Not really.

And I already know lightning wouldn't do it. I cant remember the exact amount, but I know that the electricity in our bodies MUST be much less than the lightning. Of course, if there was a resistor that let other parts of the electricity maybe, go to nececcary machinery.

Well, I do know that a setting of a stormy night could increase the chances of that. Even though lightning does not charge anything but what it touches (I believe) if it was humid, I think the static electricity could travel through that. WHOA! strike that, static electricity would have to go through dry air, I was thinking of it as regular electricity. I mean, suddenly sitting up after death IS plausible, I know that! But the idea with Frankenstein is that you can actually make an INTELLIGENT life form after it has died. Not something that only twitches when you press a wire to it.

If the frankenstein experiment is impossible because it makes "dead stuff" into "live stuff" then the teleportation idea fails for the same reason.

Cloning has been done at least once with sheep and there's no reason to make it techincally impossible with people. However the success rate is poor and making lots of severely disabled people is unethical.

DO YOU NOT READ WHAT I WRITE?

Teleportation

But still, now there are just two yous.

Oh, now I notice I put that under I think is possible. Well, it's not.

telling oxygen from hydrogen does not need a quantum physics scanner. we've been able to do that for over a hundred years. and from millions of light years away at that.

and you really don't get the complexities of transmitting that much data do you? we're talking all the storage space in the world times a few quadrillion and then some more. not only that, but you need to turn that data into an actual structure, without it falling appart in the process. if it was a block of lead or iron it would be hard enough, but humans are squidgy and wet.

also, the very act of scanning to the depth required for quantum duplication would likely destroy the origonal anyway. as seen on startrek/stargate.

Well, I'm only really interested in science because I keep on thinking up theories. Then I want to see if they have been tested, then I'll proboably never figure out because I would mostly have to spend bajillions of dollars to test it. But here are some sci-fi things and my theories for them, and why I think it's possible or not.

Please do keep thinking up theories. But if you want to accomplish something, you will need more detail than what you have below.

I THINK IS POSSIBLE-

Lazer Beams

You can buy lasers quite cheap nowadays, and there are also lasers that are used to make fusion explosions (these are very big and expensive lasers). The main problem with lasers for warfare is that they require large amounts of energy, which makes them too heavy to be practical.

Cloning

Cloning has already been done in mammals, but the success rate is dismal. Dolly the cloned sheep is the most famous.

Plants are extremely easy to clone.

Clones are not copies; they are less alike than identical twins.

Teleportation

Teleportation is quite complicated. The easiest way to do it would be to make a detailed scanner, and transmit your physical makeup to a production pod that will copy your body. Whether killing the copy of you at the old location is ethical I don't know. However, if you want to make a perfect copy of yourself at the quantum level, that would require the destruction of your old body. In any case, until we get something that can create a living human from scratch, teleportation is impossible with the laws of physics we know.

Preventing age

Yes, you could prevent aging, but it would be complicated. You would have to fix telomere loss, DNA damage, and accumulated intracellular and extracellular waste, damage to the extracellular matrix, etc.

I THINK IS NOT POSSIBLE-

Dead cells have been brought back to life using a virus. Kind of like in one of the zombie movies I have seen. One of the problems is that we don't know exactly what "dead" means anyways.

Depending on what you count as reanimation, feeding a dead body to a carnivore so that they incorporate it into their body would make the matter become animated.

Some animals can be frozen (which makes them quite inanimate), but can be defrosted and brought back to life.

Your dead uncle is probably rotten, which would forever destroy the most important part (the structure of the neurons in his brain). The brain is one of the first parts to die, as it requires plenty of glucose and oxygen. Skin and hair cells can live for several hours after someone died, or so I have heard. If you want to bring someone back from the dead, they should be cryogenically frozen or otherwise preserved so that they won't rot.

Time Travel

I don't believe in time travel, but I don't think there is any proof yet that it is impossible.

You could say that antimatter is matter that is traveling backward in time.