cars powered by air turbines

nikhilrreddy

i need more info on about the above title so please help me with info

please provide info about the feasibility

actually what if it doesn't need a tank like you say. i mean if it is free flow of air

Can you please write more than 1 sentence to explain your question?

Did you read all the posts so far? There are already 20 replies, and I have the feeling that the answer is already there.

actually what if it doesn't need a tank like you say. i mean if it is free flow of air

it needs a tank, all you have said is that is to be powered by an air turbine, you can't just have a pipe out the front connected to the input of the turbine and the turbine exhaust sticking out the back, that wouldn't work at all.

either

1/ you have a substantial tank of compressed air connected up to the input to provide energy

2/ you spray fuel in after compression and ignite it creating a small jet engine.

what we need from you is much more information so we can give you specific answers without going way off on a tangent.

it needs a tank, all you have said is that is to be powered by an air turbine, you can't just have a pipe out the front connected to the input of the turbine and the turbine exhaust sticking out the back, that wouldn't work at all.

either

1/ you have a substantial tank of compressed air connected up to the input to provide energy

2/ you spray fuel in after compression and ignite it creating a small jet engine.

what we need from you is much more information so we can give you specific answers without going way off on a tangent.

buddy what i meant was that i use some nozzles 4 compression of the air.

this was with the 1st post in the thread posted by captainpanic

buddy what i meant was that i use some nozzles 4 compression of the air.

this was with the 1st post in the thread posted by captainpanic

Did you mean this one: ?

I am not sure that this is what you meant but it is certainly related to all of the keywords: wind powered cars than go straight against the wind:

Links (mostly in dutch, I couldn't find anything completely in English - but it's with pictures and videos!)

http://www.ecn.nl/wind/extra/aeolus/

http://www.energieportal.nl/Nieuws/Windenergie/-ECN-in-de-prijzen-op-Racing-Aeolus-3771.html

Because those things have wind-turbines which power the cars... no nozzle. I'm not sure what you mean with using nozzles.

And please use proper English language. "For" is a three letter word. This is a science forum, not an sms chat.

But in short, you're saying that the initial question is answered since post #4?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but it's perhaps worth noting that the M-1 Abrams main battle tank is powered by a jet engine.

The Wikipedia has some info on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeywell_AGT1500

(Not that this is directly related, but the US Navy's cruiser and destroyer fleet (basically anything too small to warrant a nuclear power plant) is also powered by jet engines.)