Colors other than blue

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Blue is a bit of an eyestrain to me.

evolvulus-blue-daze.jpg

I have some blue daze (pictured above) planted next to my mailbox that can be painful to look at on a bright sunny day.

I like the cork background on this site.

Whatever you do, please do not go to this skin. What were they thinking?

Blue is a bit of an eyestrain to me.

I have some blue daze (pictured above) planted next to my mailbox that can be painful to look at on a bright sunny day.

Blue-daze blue would be too bright for our website, I agree. I don't think our blue is the same.

I like this blue, but it might be easy enough to make the color scheme an option for people who want a different color? Maybe it can already be done with CSS?

If you have firefox, try this addon:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108

Stylish 0.5.8

Stylish allows easy management of user styles. User styles empower your browsing experience by letting you fix ugly sites, customize the look of your browser or mail client, or just have fun. With an online repository at userstyles.org, you don't even need to know how to write styles yourself; just a couple clicks and the chosen style is applied. Stylish is to CSS what Greasemonkey is to JavaScript, and unlike other methods of using user styles, most styles take effect immediately.

User guide:

I haven't tested it myself, but I can see it is quite popular.

Edited by Mr Skeptic
misread something

Any color suggestions? I like the background D H showed, but I'd need to know what the other colors (bar at the top of the posts, background, etc.) should be as well, and I suck at color-choosing.

I found the sand colour he showed difficult to read.

There's been quite allot of research on this kind of thing done, I'm only familiar with it threw being told about it and my own experiences. The difficulty of certain colour mixes is especially apparent with dyslexics, and it changes person to person quite dramatically (I find reading red on any light background hard, the head of my research group finds green on light backgrounds hard)...

I quite like the blue.

People might be interested in programs like greasemonkey (I suspect there are other more light weight apps) that can change the css of any web page, or parts of the css... you can define it to work everywhere (change all general backgrounds to red etc...) or just certain pages or domains. I suspect you can get a plugin that will allow you to easily fiddle with standard (ish) vB layouts too...

Any color suggestions? I like the background D H showed, but I'd need to know what the other colors (bar at the top of the posts, background, etc.) should be as well, and I suck at color-choosing.
How many styles can you put in the Quick Style Chooser? Have a Goth one all in black for Genecks, some kind of rainbow thang so katcongrave77 doesn't get bored during his next 4 posts, and a pink one for DH. ;) The rest of us can stay with the New SFN Style that dave and the Cap'n worked so hard to give us.

How about a theme that looks like a MS Word document, so I'm less obviously not working?

That would be very handy.

When the manager is away from her desk, I have a quick browse on SFN (I keep IE as a small window at the bottom of the screen, just in case) and copy and paste a post into word. That way, I can give it further consideration when she returns, without the offending IE window on my screen.

This of course has problems e.g somebody may have already replied by the time I get to post, but at least I had a stab at answering a question, whether or not I do decide to post.