Science fiction of humanity

absolute1

The story I've heard:

Earth is an experimental ground. Current human race is the latest patch of the experiment. The time has come close weather or not to destroy this patch. The discussion amongs our maters has broke out into votes:

1/ The experimental must be filter and destroy now

2/ This is a crutial time to filter out more successive ones.

The reason why this experiment be destroyed because when the human race realized who they are and what kind of power they have, they are much more powerful than their own master. Thus, without achieving the standard moral necessary to control this power, humans are a threat to this universe. The story of Adam and Eve illustrated this idea. Various suppression of the human realization through government and religion to ensure they do not reach their full potential without moral. The human is injected with the power of the Creator of this universe, the master of irrational manifestation. Once they realized they have the power to turn irrationality into reality, their power is almost unlimited. The time is close. Our master is loosing control over the suppression, yet there are quite a few of those who are struggling with moral. We've come a long way, pick up your paste.

Are you here to debate this seriously or are you here to run away? I don't mind putting the effort into reading and analyzing everything you say, and conducting a proper analysis and debate, but you seem to have a tendency to leave arguments the moment you think you are on the "losing" side.

I would like to not waste my time this time.

Thus, without achieving the standard moral necessary to control this power, humans are a threat to this universe.

So because of a few individuals, these overlords would commit genocide.

If I had the power to wipe out a whole planet like that, I would not use that power in that manner. Does this make me ethically superior to these overlords, and if it does, does this mean that I have the moral standard necessary to control this power and that because I am of a higher moral than they are, should they give this power to me?

This is the biggest problem that the "Unseen Overlord" argument faces. The arguments usually state that they have some moral superiority over us because we commit atrocities (like genocide), but then the solution that is presented that the Overlord(s) take is to commit these atrocities themselves.

It means that either these Overlord(s) are just as ethically competent as we are and so their justification of their actions fails, or they don't really exist and that the people who present these arguments lack imagination. :doh:

Well, I suppose there is one other option: That they are completely incompetent at designing and running an experiment. :D

The root of all these arguments is that: "Humans are special". That we are so different form anything these Overlord(s) expected that we are "Unique in the Universe".

It is Geocentricism with a new coat of paint.

It has been pretty obvious that our technological power has been growing at an exponential rate from the Industrial Revolution. Plus if they had developed to the point that they have the power to craft the history of an entire species for hundreds of thousands of years, then, they themselves would ahve gone through this technological expansion phase and know what to look for. They could then have stopped it early on well before it got to the point where we were a threat.

For example, sabotage a few of the early unmanned rockets so as to make the development of space travel completely uneconomical. Or better yet, stop the industrial revolution from occuring in the first place. :doh:

If they can spy on us unseen, and have the power to destroy worlds, then this would be trivial for them.

If they have control over our development, then they already have a method for interactions and could have controlled us away form excessive technological development.

it`s an interesting idea for fiction certainly, although I`m quite sure it`s not all That original.

Larry Niven, "What Can You Say About Chocolate Covered Manhole Covers?"

Phillip Pullman, "His Dark Materials"

Arthur Clarke, "The Nine Billion Names of God"

The first in particular is a dead ringer for the OP.