Brain Sensors?

DivideByZero

Hey guys.

Does anyone know what type of sensors are used to determine brain activity?

I'm talking about the ones that you often see in TV or online. The sensors connect to the computer and show peaks and activity when a person is thinking about something. Where can I buy these type of sensors?

I'm expecting it to be very expensive so is it possible for me to make my own by buying a different type of sensor and modding it?

Do the brain sensors measure vibration or electric activity?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

I want to hook them to my (or anyone else's) brain and see the activity of each section of my brain on my computer. :D

I'm just interested in the brain but don't want to take biology because I don't want to study ecology, etc. I'm definitely going to take some course in neurology in grad school.

• 4 years later...

One method is by using specific organometallic ligands that act as inhibitors to neurotransmitter receptors i think. Some sort of radiation is created when the chemical used by the neuron which a positron emission tomograpy machine will capture. Lots of different ligands are used for different inhibitors. Think thats sort of accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioligand to be precise.

Lots have been found that arent in the list, not sure exactly what equipment is needed to capture the process yet.

Edited by DevilSolution