Webcam "surveillance" software

mooeypoo

Hey guys,

I remember I had a webcam software that could double-up as a "surveillance" software. Essentially, it reacted to changes in the picture so if you hooked your cam to look at your room while you were out, it would idle harmlessly until someone opened the door, or turned on the lights, or just walked around, and then it would take rapid-succession pictures (you could define how many in a certain period of time) and could either upload to FTP or send you an email alerting you that there was a change.

I don't remember where I got this software from, all I remember is that it was a webcam software and that it was free, or at least that most features of it were free. It was meant to be installed in your comp and act as a webcam server, so in order to watch it, you went to your ip at a certain port.

I am looking for that software - or anything like it that could alert by mail if a streaming picture is changing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

~moo

yeah it didn't belong to the camera itself, it was a standalone software.

And I did find it! :) WebcamXP -- there's a free version and the paid version gives the possibility of surveillance - the camera takes pictures when something moves or changes on the screen.

Pretty nifty :)

Thanks

~moo

• 1 month later...