INterested, help

kicker7734

Hey i didnt know where to put this im a junior in vt chem and im interested in science in general, where do i start obviously i have a basic understanding of stuff but i wanna learn, how do i do this.

Edited by Phi for All
no emails, please

First, no textspeak please. Our members are from all over the world and it's crucial that you are understood here. Are you a Virginia Tech Chemistry major? Or perhaps you're from Chittenden County Vermont? Spell it out, please.

Second, to protect our members, as well as educate everyone, we prefer you don't take conversations to email (I edited yours out). Everyone gets to see the answers if they're posted here.

Thirdly, welcome to the forum, I hope I didn't come on too strong. We want you here.

Sorry, I was not aware anything I said was in text speak. I am in high school, 11th grade. However, i am interested in science and more importantly quantum physics.How could i go about getting a basic understanding and putting that into use by hands on experiments.

Unless you have access to some expensive high-tech equipment you are likely to be disappointed with the "hands on" part, for now. The best thing you can do right now is learn as much as you can about the subject, especially how the ideas evolved and the strengths and weaknesses of current theories. Combine that with a strong math curriculum (try for calculus before you graduate) and you should have a good basis to continue. Even if you don't follow through to making it your profession, math and physics are great areas of knowledge applicable to nearly all other fields of human endeavor.