Who has the lowest reputation?

-Demosthenes-

oh gosh...

i didn't even notice those blocks near the post count

hahaa

nice system

have you guys seen the Supercars.net rating system?

it's much more accessible to everyone to see how much everyone is rated at

For example: http://speed.supercars.net/Board?viewThread=y&fID=1&tID=114702

on the left...post count..karma... yada yada

I'm not even sure where to check my reputation right now

:lol:

ROLF, YT2095 gave me negative reputation because I objected to insults about people with larger than average ears: -

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?p=48707#post48707

I gave him negative rep for not apologising or showing any sympathy, which I guess would be around -10 points from me. YT2095 decided to respond rather childishly by giving me negative reputation of around -60 for this reason: -

you failed to deride the other posters in that thread

Show of hands the people who think an inability to handle criticism warrants the ability to respond with negative reputation? Is it simple a ‘you bad rep me and I’ll bad rep you’ system?

I mean, if YT2095 thinks insulting people with appearances he thinks are cosmetically freakish is ok, what would he consider a ‘bad’ post?

oh good greif man, just because YOU have issues with your ears, don`t take it out on me or a million others!

and if you read the posts from the very START! you`ll see that there were comments about "punching the guy" for his haircut etc...

yes, you deserve to lose points for your over reaction!

and has already been stated the quanyity of points is out of anyones hands at the moment.

but ya know what, I`de do it again and again and again! if you keep being so reactionary and personaly sensitive! :)

I think it`s a case of "kettle, pot, and black" here!

critisism`s just fine, when ALL who do same get the same, and not just ONE singled out, think about it!

Sayo said: "

I think YT's attitude has been well established." OH REALLY!? and what might THAT be then?

Sayo said: "

I think YT's attitude has been well established." OH REALLY!? and what might THAT be then?

Why do you immediately assume a hostile position? I didn't provide a value judgement of any kind.

I don't think ATM has an issue with his ears. I think he's asking why you fined him reputation for asking if you had an issue.

Hmmmm. As I stated in the thread:-

Ah' date=' sorry. From the context I read it, you had dug up a thread that was twelve months old with the specific notion of mocking people with large ears by comparing them to a Volkswagen Beetle to emphasise how freakish these people appear.

In your context it was a reference to colloquial terms used to deride people with large ears in the 1960's, drawn from the fact that certain haircuts from that time period actually emphasis parts of the human aspect.

I see how that fit’s in with the thread now. Boy genius with poor haircut = of course if you had large ears also, you’d look like a Volkswagen beetle with the doors open, from behind.

Jesus, that’s some funny shit right there.[/quote']

Rather than apologise, or discuss to clarify, you took the cowards route (as you are prone to do) to try and threaten me with reputation points. As we know, you liked to wield the warning points around in some form of ego bolstering posturing.

I don’t really understand your gibbering about context; your grasp of literature, prose and connotation by your own definition is mediocre. Trying to wield context to shield yourself from admitting:-

of course if you had large ears also, you’d look like a Volkswagen beetle with the doors open’

………..is a simple insult is just laughable.

I also am struggling to understand what you mean by ‘million others’. Is their more than one person using your logon to scienceforums?

All of which does nothing to answer the point of the post in this thread, which was the use of reputation as a tool for childish retribution. You had no reason to issue negative reputation other than to protect your little ego. It’s really that simple.

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer.

What you said:-

of course if you had large ears also, you’d look like a Volkswagen beetle with the doors open’

........was derogatory. I took that as an insult to people with large ears. As I'm not longer in school trying to fit in when people throw insults, I see no reason not to pull you up on it.

I'm very aware that comments like that are made up and thrown around without much thought. I was suprised that you had dug out a year old thread just to make that pathetic joke.

To infer I don't understand contect and then actually give me negative reptuation is one thing, but to suggest I 'grow up' is yet another.

In the grown up world, if you insult people you should expect them to pull you up on it. In the grown up world, you are responsible for what you do and what you say. In the grown up world, you would apologise or discuss.

I have no idea what world you are in.

of that I am Certain! :)

if the thread was 12 months or 12 years old (as I`ve said before) if it`s still on the database to read or reply to, then it`s valid!

you don`t understand context as had you have read the ENTIRE thread you`de see that such posts were quite in keeping with the theme.

only YOU took exception to it because you have huge ears (not my fault) I`m sure you`de have made the same comments had you have had the same haircut! (that wouldn`t have been my fault either), take exception to all you like, but assess EVERYONE with the same measure! and NOT just me! ARE WE CLEAR!?

In all possible ways, grammar, spelling, punctuation, lucidity, context and thought we are not clear here. I'm serious about that, it's hard to make any sense of your last posts.

This is not about the size of my ears. This is not about me reading the entire thread, which I did 6 months before you first joined. This is not about ‘context’ an, insult is an insult wherever it’s uttered.

This is, in this thread, about you issuing bad reputation to me for no good reason.

Bad reputation for 'you failed to deride the other posters in that thread'.

You depressing little man.