Books about genetics

tech19

Hi I'm just getting into genetics I have my high school biology text book as one resource. Could any one help me find more resources ebooks, online articles, and books. Type of genetics research does not matter Im just getting started so thanks for all replies:eek:

While it is a nice, easy to read book, it is not really a textbook about genetics (or a textbook at all, for that matter). "Genes" (Lewin), was a nice book, IIRC.

I proposed it as a starting point. Anyway, I don't think diving head first alone into a textbook is that easy actually.

Hi I'm just getting into genetics I have my high school biology text book as one resource. Could any one help me find more resources ebooks, online articles, and books. Type of genetics research does not matter Im just getting started so thanks for all replies:eek:

Just curious but have you tried googling? I think seeing the stuff out there helps to see what exactly you want to focus on as well as reading about actual genetics. What I mean you might find a popular science book on amazon which is on a topic you would like to lean even more about.

I suggest read Dawkins, read Wikipedia, get a feel for the area and then invest in a textbook, which are costly and heavy, so you know you are making the right decision.

• 2 weeks later...