cyanide

wanda

• 3 years later...

The only cyanide that is "deadly deadly" is hydrogen cyanide. The best poison for a story is the mercury based see: http://en.wikipedia....aren_Wetterhahn, dimethylmercury for which there is no cure!

Perhaps eating castor beans from the bio lab?

I like the cyanide idea. Maybe NaCN spilled on some generic acid, and then death by fumes.

Drinking methanol? Or massive amounts of ethanol/ether?

Dimethyformamide and a poison (cyanide again...)?

All sorts of ways, I guess.

Death by daffodil has a nice ring to it. He could have a lunch box with cheese and onion bulb sandwiches in it.

"There have been several cases of death by daffodil poisoning in which the bulbs were eaten in mistake for onions. The effect is extremely fast acting and you don't need to eat many of them"

http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=3280&start=0&sid=2196b9c5796f98eded7a6944e992bb2f

Edited by Joatmon

Iodine comes to mind, a few grams is enough to kill and it's commonly found in powder form in chemistry labs.

So how do Iodine pills work after exposure to radiation? Is it just a case of dying from Iodine poisioning is a better alternative to radiation sickness? (i know it only protects your thyroids so i suppose it doesnt really stop radiation sickness)

Although I am not a great fan of thread necromancy - and offtopic at that :lol:

I believe that Potassium Iodide tablets are given as a prophylactic to saturate the body with a safe and stable source - any that the thyroid needs to take up will be from the pill - then when (later) radioactive iodide compounds enter the body there will be no need for them in the thyroid and they will be rapidly excreted. The radioactive iodine/iodide compounds will only likely to be a danger if it is taken up by the thyroid gland.