Gradual Immunity to Toxin

hydraliskdragon

The Monarch's larva feeds on milkweed and over time, their body becomes as toxic as the plant itself.

If a person imbibes a venom of some snake over a long period of time, will he become immune to that snakes bite?

And would his body have enough venom to be as toxic as the snake itself? Even powerful enough to hurt someone who touches his bodily fluid? ie, saliva, blood etc

These are two different phenomena. Immunity gained from the uptake from low concentration or inactivated toxins results in the ability of the immune system to recognize and neutralize toxins, but not to store them. In other words, if you accumulate toxins in significant amount, you will eventually die. You are immune by effectively inactivating and removing toxins before they do harm.

Im not sure, I very recently read on this though.... It consumes the Milkweed as a SELECTIVE TRAIT TO BECOME POISONES.... Other than that, watch the princes bride.... You should get a good laugh, its a funny movie (sword fights/front flips/andree the giant/the grand nagus/fred savage)... Best way to trick a scicilian anyways.... I have heard of snake handlers being somewhat immune... but ive also heard of chinese emporers who thought mercury was the fountian of youth.....

Cardenolide aglycones "stored" by the Monarch (Danaus plexippus) are lipids.

Snake's venom, as previously mentioned, is supposedly a protein.

The Cardenolides are sequestered and stored away in the body of the Monarch. The body would have to have the ability to sequester these toxins and store them away until they are broken down by digestion by other organisms (such as birds in the case of Monarchs). Now, immunities and resistances are possible - I believe I've heard of an instance in which a human male gained immunity/resistance to certain types of snake toxin - but it would be a different process entirely.

Edited by Snare