Where, or How to Get Magnesium (Mg)

I thought so too :)

sadly however, it`s quite true, that brown NO2 gas will scar your lungs and leave you with chronic lung probs in latter life :(

SO2 (sulpher dioxide) is almost as bad, I know about both of these 1`st hand and of others that have received large doses of it in their youth and suffer for it now, these are NOT to be messed with without proper safety precautions!

yeah, plus there's the fact that nitric will make just about anything explosive:\

some french woman learned that when the dress she was wearing blew up. the activation energy was from her husband who was smoking. plus, i suppose if you add soap you could make ng, which is quite disturbing.

also, just a question;

last year for an odyssey of the mind project i used some KNO3 and glucose to make a smoke cloud. i can't remember directly breathing in any smoke, but i can remember coughing quite a bit for 2 mins or so after it ignited... i haven't been coughing up blood or anything but what you said was bloody scary man. be honest, do you think i'll be having problems down the road?

What' date=' and where are some good sources of magnesium metal.

Any source will do, as long as I can easily extract them metal, somehow. Is there a way to get the magnesium, without having the metal??

Can the metal be extracted from MgSO4, Magnesium Sulphate???WOuld I do this by electrolysis?? And is there a way I could do this electrolysis without the magnesium metal (which i dont have:))???[/quote']

You can go to wal-mart and in the camping section they sell magnesium fire starters. It's a square piece of magnesium with a flint starter in it. I own one. I think it's pure magnesium but I'm not sure.

also' date=' just a question;

last year for an odyssey of the mind project i used some KNO3 and glucose to make a smoke cloud. i can't remember directly breathing in any smoke, but i can remember coughing quite a bit for 2 mins or so after it ignited... i haven't been coughing up blood or anything but what you said was bloody scary man. be honest, do you think i'll be having problems down the road?[/quote']the smoke off that wasn`t NO2, so your perfectly safe in that respect.

it`ll be carbon dioxide, water vapor and possibly potassium nitrite vapor. it`ll make you cough a bit if you get too much in you, but won`t cause the damage NO2 or SO2 will.