Unhealthy habits?

Gilded

As I was thinking about going for a greasy kebab I started wondering how healthily do SFN users live? Since this is a very broad topic I was thinking of having the main focus on dietary habits with a touch of recreational... substances. :D

Personally, I probably drink less alcohol than I literally burn (ethanol and boric acid makes for a neat green flame). I think I last had a drink like 3 months ago. I don't smoke, and have never done any recreational drugs. I do eat quite a bit of fast food (burgers, pizza or such usually around three times a week) and drink around a liter of soft drinks a day. And as mentioned in another thread I should really exercise more.

So, does swansont eat Luther Burgers for breakfast? Does Phi for All eat huge buckets of chocolate ice cream when no-one's watching? Come on, let it all out. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my biggest unhealthy habit is that i drink too much.

that and i'm quite partial to bacon wrapped chicken with melted cheese over it.

don't smoke though and while i do occasionally partake in recreational drugs it is never a lot and never any of the more dangerous ones.

You are ALWAYS on about food !!! :D I guess in Finland you need to eat loads to build up an insulative fat layer to protect you from the cold no?

My worst eating habit, so my friends tell me, is that I smother everything in loads of salt. I think I am addicted to the stuff - I get withdrawal symptoms and feel week without it. No so bad these days, but still get cravings sometimes.

Thats one thing i don't do. i'm not a fan of salt. i only put it on food rarely(if its utterly bland or otherwise tastes crap)

Gilded, just bacon wrap everything. even bacon. its all good. i even tried bacon wrapped icecream but while delicious it is a bit messy to prepare.

I eat kebabs and Chinese quite often. I enjoy a few beers, but go a few weeks in between drinking. Don't smoke or take drugs.

I don't do enough exercise, but other than that I think I do ok.

Microbrewed beer is my downfall.

It's very rare that you won't find a 6 pack of something or other in my fridge (currently Dogfish head 60 min IPA)

Also have a decent selection of single malt scotch.

I don't smoke regularly, known to have a cigar couple of times a year.

Caffeine is my preferred drug of choice.

Food is a little more complicated. I try to limit sweets and fats, but I have good days and bad days like everyone else.

Being a cook, I used to eat very healthy since all my stuff was hand prepared - but I've gotten lazy for a few months. I usually just cook hamburgers if I'm going to cook anymore, or I'll head out somewhere to eat-

used to do a lot of exercise too, but I have no one to spar with, and I can't stand normal boring weightlifting and the like :P

These days, I'm gonna say not too healthy, no drugs of any sort though, I do drink on occasion when company is around! And now I have this vision of wrapping some bacon around some bacon, then putting that on a bacon cheeseburger. Thanks guys, thanks.

oh i didnt know what is kebab (now, i find it in Google Images).

I eat fast food around four times a week (pizza, McDonalds, greeezy snacks)

I drink MUCH water (around 8 glasses per day)

I don't like much salt, I prefer a little little.

I don't smoke, don't drink, don't use drugs.

I don't practice exercises ( i hate exercises even knowing they are healthy )

I like lots of kinds of vegetable and fruits...

I am addicted to chocolate (at least once a week)

that's all :D

don't matter, there is a long life after death so you don't need to matter, you'll die anyway.

Heh, you're quite a bit like me Ladeira. :) I should drink a lot more water though, my room is usually hot as hell and I often drink as little as one litre a day. Btw you should really try kebab, it's great. Although the kebab I've eaten hasn't got that much to do with original kebab. :D Anyway there's a lot of variety too, like these sort of rolled up kebabs, bread kebabs, kebab with fries or rice... In Finland you can get an Iskender kebab in almost every kebab place, and they're made of win and awesome, so to speak. --This-- is a very typical portion... man I'm hungry. :D

Dudde, ever been to Hardee's? :D

041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg

Btw there's no Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell or Hardee's in Finland. Can you imagine what sort of constant agony my life is? There's always McDonald's of course, but I'd gladly go for something heavier.

I have been, I actually prefer a few small mom and pop joints up in washington, sweet jesus! I know a few people who could kill a diabetic person with a bite! >:D

dude that's horrible to hear about the non-fast food places, I'll step it up to accomodate for both of us!

Heh, you're quite a bit like me Ladeira. :) I should drink a lot more water though, my room is usually hot as hell and I often drink as little as one litre a day. Btw you should really try kebab, it's great. Although the kebab I've eaten hasn't got that much to do with original kebab. :D Anyway there's a lot of variety too, like these sort of rolled up kebabs, bread kebabs, kebab with fries or rice... In Finland you can get an Iskender kebab in almost every kebab place, and they're made of win and awesome, so to speak. --This-- is a very typical portion... man I'm hungry. :D

Dudde, ever been to Hardee's? :D

041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg

Btw there's no Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell or Hardee's in Finland. Can you imagine what sort of constant agony my life is? There's always McDonald's of course, but I'd gladly go for something heavier.

Dude, I am drooling.

Here in Rio, we know kebab as greek barbecue (when rolled up), there is an urban legend which says these 'greek barbecues' are made of cat meat... i love urban legends :)

I guess there are no Hardee's here. Anyway, it looks so tasty (my eyes must be shining crazily now)...

Food is a passion... I've just finished grabbing pizza.

Here in Rio, we know kebab as greek barbecue (when rolled up), there is an urban legend which says these 'greek barbecues' are made of cat meat... i love urban legends :)

Ah, that's more like gyros right? The difference isn't too big I suppose. I'd say the urban legends are mostly made up by people who hate foreign cuisine, immigrants or just great food in general. :) Some people I know who don't like kebab keep saying how it's made of rats etc.

I smoke roughly 10 rollies a day, more at the weekend. I only drink on nights off study, science is keeping me healthy :)

I rarely eat junk food, I despise McDonalds or anything similar, I like to eat food, not crap. I do sometimes binge on fatty food, but it's home cooked e.g a whopping huge plate of bolognese for example. I do (ahem) dabble in other recreational activities, but not nearly as much as when I was younger, I think like a balanced diet, work and play should be well balanced too.

I am addicted to chocolate (at least once a week)

Man, I eat chocholate nearly every day!

I prefer to make my own burgers anyway -- get a frozen quarterpounder and fry it up with some onions and cheese and stick it in a bap! mmm.

I'll admit to the odd 'roll up' some evenings afterwork, before bed or round a mates house. 40 a day YT!!! That's not good for you.

only cig smoking for me (about 40 a day), although I do drink a few cans of beer every day, it`s Alcohol free.

YT, you should look after yourself mate, cig smoking is notoriously dangerous as i am sure you are aware.

For me I claim to be the healtiest person in whole of SFN, i don't smoke, drink (alcohol) that is, i do a lot of sports and i eat healthy food. Mutton meat, vegs and fish is what i usually take. I don't take much of fast foods!

I'm actually quite a healthy nerd. I don't smoke, drink, or do any drugs, other then occasionally substituting sleep with coffee. I do some excercise (usually walking, a 1 hour walk is about right for me). I eat healthy food, but that is likely to be because I live with my grandmother at the moment. I'm pretty sure I would eat whatever is quickest/cheapest otherwise. I like soda, but at the moment am drinking lemonaide, as I managed to get several 2 liter bottles of lemon juice for about 50 cents each.

I like to urinate on electric fences

How the hell did you get Ross River Virus?:D

Bad habits.

I smoke. (Yes, I know it's bad for me.)

Drink occasionally. I have a good selection of single malts, cuban rums and great tequilas.

Fast food, although I go for roasted rather than fried, a couple of times a week.

I drink 4-5 mugs of coffee daily. Along with >1 litre of water and approx 2 litres of milk.

Biggest baddy is potato chips, as in 200 gram bags. During summer my work makes me sweat heaps, resulting in horrific leg cramps about 2AM. Chips are the only thing I've found that can stop them, but if anybody has a better suggestion, I'm listening.