College Physics vs. University Physics?

fafalone

What is everyones opinion on which level of physics you should take? College Physics is algebra based and alot simpler, University Physics is calculus based and alot harder, but gives you a better understanding. Obviously if you're a physics major you should take calc based, but what about if you're in another major?

I was taught calculus during a-levels (at 16/17, not sure what grade that would be in america) in maths.

The physics we did contained a large portion of this basic calculus and i can't imaging how we would have done it without.

Calculus involves rates of change of systems which is basically what a large portion of physics is.

At university i don't think i've used much, if any, extra calculus that i didn't already know, except for extending it to more dimensions.

My college required physics started with over 100 students. It finished with about 40. It was simple if you knew how to calculate with differential equations. The professor taught like you already knew what he was talking about. It was rough. Don't get behind. Some of the 40 flunked.

My biology class started with 60+ students and finished with 8. The teacher flunked the whole class on the first test. I saw straight A students cry. Be prepared to do more, concentrate harder, and be tough. I hope your IQ is enough to help you get through.

Just aman