Ramadhan!

ChemSiddiqui

Happy I don't care about religion or sin or crap like that, but we're all humans and life forms on this planet and can celebrate together instead of fighting and being stupid and believing in unicorns.... Day.

Happy I don't care about religion or sin or crap like that, but we're all humans and life forms on this planet and can celebrate together instead of fighting and being stupid and believing in unicorns.... Day.

Ramadhan is not only for Muslims, everyone can participate init. Its just that muslims observe it. If anyone from any religion is fasting and giving away bad habits like lying, fighting, abusing they are fasting. Killing people, blesphemy and breeching human rights don't include as bad habits they are intolerable bloody sins that are unwashable.

Anyway, I appreciate and respect your views and as you said be it christmas, devali, hannukah or eid one must celebrate it just for the sake of good ties and fun.

Thank you CrazCo and bookworm for wishing! man i have to stop eating now...as a practice.!

You know what's funny, is that observance of your ritual fasting could literally kill me as a diatbetic. On the other hand, you may live longer due to the caloric restrictions you are self-imposing for religious reasons. Have fun. :)

You know its funnier you mention it. Fasting is only a pillar of islam which is observed so that we could feel the pain of starvation of people who remain unfed because they can't earn much etc. So its a 12hr fast for this purpose. As per who can and can't keep a fast, you would be surprised to know that list is bigger for who don't have to than who must. I understand from your talk that you are an atheist but one who is a friend of mine hmmm.

I understand from your talk that you are an atheist but one who is a friend of mine hmmm.

I also don't believe in numerology. I also don't believe in astrology, and I also don't believe in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny. Yet, we are still friends despite that too. :)

Enjoy your holy day.

You know its funnier you mention it. Fasting is only a pillar of islam which is observed so that we could feel the pain of starvation of people who remain unfed because they can't earn much etc.

I'm glad you don't try to feel the pain of child birth - ouch!! :D

I would have to read fast as a spiritual fast - like not thinking of god. :D

Now, where's my chips and beer? Enjoy your celebration.

You know what's funny, is that observance of your ritual fasting could literally kill me as a diatbetic.

Like in Judaism (and probably quite a few other religions) if fasting would pose a danger to your health you'd be exempt from it though.