Your best moment today

CaptainPanic

Nearly coming to the end of writing my thesis and realising that I may have come up with a general setting for gauge systems. (I expect it has been considered before somewhere, need a good literature search).

• 4 weeks later...

when i woke up at 6am with tonsillitis (strep), realised my wife and baby aren't here for the week, I had two loooong exams to invigilate and a six hour drive to st john's tomorrow for marking, where I happilly get to mark 700 copies of the same exam question "define the following terms", and then come home again, all while dying of this evil disease.

I'm over with my high school..what can be better than that?:D

The kids don't seem to realize that a 35 hrs work-week, 12 weeks of holiday, zero responsibility and a large group of friends as colleagues isn't really bad... in fact: it's pretty good.

Anyway, my best part of the day was to hide in a very quiet corner of the library of a neighboring company where a friend works. I was certainly not going to be disturbed by emails/colleagues and also wouldn't be distracted by any other entertainment. I went through a mountain of boring (but important, work-related) papers.

Walked back into my office at 16:00. I did work in 1 afternoon what would have taken me more than an entire day normally. It's so great when you can finish the boring stuff so quickly. :D

I don't have any best moment rather I don't even have good moment of the day!

I messed up my AIEEE paper(Its for admission in national institute of technology)!

I did all kind of stupid mistakes( like 2*6=8 and what not!) and now because of my idoitism i'm getting hardly any marks!

i worked so hard for it whole year and now what i get is nothing!

1) managed to reset my alarm clock, but a fire alarm at precisely the minute it was supposed to be set to woke me up and kept me from missing an important exam.

2) assurance that I won't do too badly in my electronics course, even though I keep doing abominably on the tests. Yay professor's discretion.

3) short extension on my chemistry research-related reports, so my workload for today is physically possible.

4) 1 day of classes left, with no real work in either of them.

5) accepted for a research position this summer at a local college so I can live at home and spend time with my girlfriend. The other option was to be stuck doing research at school for 10 of 16 weeks during the summer working 9-5, 5 days a week and driving 4 hours home every friday night and 4 hours back every sunday night just to see her for a little while.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I had two pretty good moments today:

1) Learning that just about every student in my department loathes the senior tutor (with stories as to why even more disturbing than my own) when I thought it was just me.

2) First opening last year's GR exam (the only one our lecturer has written so far) to discover that he copies problem sheet questions, such that I could finish one worth 1/6th of the paper in two minutes.

• 4 months later...

So, I was grocery shopping today. There was this hot little 20-something red head wearing super tight pants and a cute little halter. She was checking me out, which was nice. But then, after I picked up some apples, I was inspecting the cantaloupe, and she came up beside me, mentioning how hard they were. Definitely some innuendo... We made a few more comments, exchanged some pleasantries, when she then proceeded to show me hers and asked me to squeeze her melons. Which... I did. But man... If only I were single, it wouldn't have been a cantaloupe in my hands. Part of me right now is questioning the sanity of monogamy, and whether or not I should have done something more despite my having a serious gf.

• 1 month later...

The best thing to happen today is my being able to return to my favorite discussion forum after an unscheduled and lengthy absence. Within a week or so I expect to be a frequent participant once again and am looking forward to spirited banter with some of the people I respect and enjoy the most on the internet.

So far today - (apart from gettng a nice hug) - hearing the TMBG's lyrics at the intro to their song:

The sun is a Miasma

Of incanescent Plasma

...which was nice. ...

Always pleasing to have a little flirt now and again. I know the feeling. ;)