Your best moment today

CaptainPanic

Wow dude I didn't know what evil tasted like until now -

zaniness!

I think the best moment of my day was hanging up the phone at work with a customer I'd been dealing with for five hours. That or running after the pizza guy to give him a tip, he was a cool old guy and almost got away!

• 2 months later...
I recall the dark times when I saw such a machine at a local burger place. As I gazed upon its ungodly, black steel skeleton and shiny acrylic screen I fell down on my knees and screamed: "This be the work of Satan, the Dark Prince himself for no machine worthy in the eyes of the Lord shalt dispense both snack and drink alike!"

(On the topic of coconuts, coconut chocolate is freaking horrible and tastes a bit like evil and sewage)

Well I never..... Yesterday My Box magazine turned up again as usual. I went to the vending machine to get a snack and 2 Bounty bars fell out instead of one!!! :eek:

Chocholate covered coconut coincidence certaintly continues currently causing clouding of ceribrial clarity!! (11 C words in one sentance!:cool:)

Seriously, all this nut and especially coconut business is starting to freak me out! I think they're allied with the pine tables...

Speaking of Bounty, the evil, eldritch biomass that is in essense the culmination of the most sinister, cosmically horrible misuse of chocolate ever, I think there's still one in the cupboard because no-one in my family wants to eat it.

Fantastic! Post it to ME! (Two free Bounty bars in one week! - Result!)

I'll think about sending it around Christmas, in a huge gift package shaped like a widescreen TV. :D

Anyway, my best moment today was when I finished a song I had been working on for quite some time.

Listening to Lemon Jelly on the bus this morning.

I had several best moments yesterday, ummm, actually it was the day before.

Brushing up on my calculus for my next course (yeah I know that's sad), staring at M31 (Andromeda) for ages through my telescope and just contemplating on what I was looking at, the usual thing, is someone staring back at the Milky Way, it's taken 2 million years for the light from M31 to reach Earth et.c et.c

Then, like Gilded, (but not finishing) making progress on a tune...I havn't had the chance to write music for a while due to other pressures this year. So it was a very fruitful evening.

During an All Hands meeting with several thousand employees across the globe this morning, the senior executive of HR in my company just named me as employee of the quarter! :eek:

It's really too bad that the economy is doing so poorly, as this would normally bring some sort of raise. :-(

strangely enough, talking to my ISP's tech support line. they guy i got actually knew what he was talking about and quickly came to the same conclusion i did and got it sorted out all within 5 minutes. although the solution requires a hardware replacement so i'm going to have to wait a few days to get rid of the problem(my cable modem).

my best moment of the day was when i was thinking about alchemy of all things and i began falling into a daydream full of gold. gold gold gold. beautiful gold. i think i'm going to change my name to auric. anyway i had this wild daydream in which i was creating gold out of mercury. *siiiiigggghh* what a wonderful daydream.

on the subject of alchemy i read an interesting article about art kunkin: King of the hippies, creator of the freep (the LA free press) and modern day alchemist. his work is fascinating.

Bad Girl! What exam? Does this not mean that you wont get your qualifications then?? Or was it just a small test?

Personally I'm havin a crap week at work, so my best moment was going home for lunch where my wife cooked me beans in a baked potato with cheese on top.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Taking a break from work to post here (there's always time for that and for coffee, luckily). Checking again some threads where I posted before. Reading the reply to my short summary how to get to the moon:

thanks man ill get to work.

That's motivating. I'm struggling to finish a single small project. The guy doesn't waste any text, (or even capital letters), but just gets to work.

I hope it's true. :D

I cant forget to color the liquid red.

OMG, so many ideas :o

WOW! That's a hilarious idea! >:D

As for my best moment... Well, today is just beginning.

For yesterday, the best moment would have to be walking in through the door, being greeted by my incredible wife with a kiss, and by my puppy whose tail is wagging so excitedly that his whole butt shakes with it, and he jumps up to 'kiss' (lick) me, running in circles around me, and makes a kind of squeaking noise that's so cute.

We'll see what happens today.

• 2 weeks later...

After more than a decade of having a pony-tail down to the middle of my back, I cut my hair short today. It's weird, and I hardly recognize myself in the mirror, but I like it and it's fun.

I'll be surprising my girlfriend when I see her tomorrow. We've been dating for years, and she's never seen me with short hair. I think she'll like it (but I like it, too, so that's what matters).

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I have lived in our house for about 18 months now. We've just started to explore the surrounding country walks.

Went out this afternoon and saw (NO LIE!!) a heard of elephants, a lynx, some noisey monkeys AND a rhinoceros... in fact we saw 3 rhinoceros(es? ii? s'??)

Man! I was less than 3 meters away from a Rhinosauros!! Amazing! I was a bit awed out by the rhno - it can charging up like a playfull dog and stood there looking at us and eating hay on the other side of the fence! Amazing!

All of this less than a mile from my house!!! WoW!