Your best moment today

CaptainPanic

What's your best moment today?

I was working hard, reading, modeling, writing... and then I looked up and realised my roommate looks and acts a bit like Wallace (from Wallace & Gromit). It really cheered me up.

Other days big events might be the highlight, but today this was it (so far). :D

What was your highlight today? (Don't say "the moment I could finally go home", because that's a cliché even before it's written for the first time).

My best moment today was actually yesterday afternoon. I was working in my front yard and I saw a girl of about twelve walking her bike down my street. She wasn't from my neighborhood and I'm normally a bit hesitant to approach kids who don't know me, times being what they are, but it looked like her chain had slipped off. I asked her what happened to her bike and she came over and told me she had fallen on her way over to her friend's house.

I could see that her knuckles were bloody and her elbow and knee were scraped up on one side. I offered to bandage her up but she said her friend's house wasn't far, so I asked if I could take a look at her bike. Her chain was easy enough to fix and her brake cable had been unseated in the fall so I fixed that too.

She was grateful and I was happy for the chance to help out a kid who has probably been inundated with warnings about how evil big strange men are. So often we can't stop to help those in need because we're busy dealing with our own stuff so if felt great to be able to do something positive.

When I bought gloves for Physical-Chem Lab Class and put them on and started kidding with the gloves (like a sick person) with my friends. Everyone was looking at me thinking I was crazy... it made me feel happy... and idiot!

Editting: Another highlighting moment was now, that I learned how to multiquote. :doh:

Today I've been to the park with the children, that was good. I've almost finished reading 'Dearly Devoted Dexter', that was even better. Also I've been approved by the RSPCA to be a responsible owner of one of their kittens, YAY! Should be picking Mungo up on Saturday:D

When I bought gloves for Physical-Chem Lab Class and put them on and started kidding with the gloves (like a sick person) with my friends. Everyone was looking at me thinking I was crazy... it made me feel happy... and idiot!

Editting: Another highlighting moment was now, that I learned how to multiquote. :doh:

i recommend walking down the street in full lab gear, lab coat, gloves, testubes in the pocket, safety glasses/visor. people look at you as if your about to explode.

i recommend walking down the street in full lab gear, lab coat, gloves, testubes in the pocket, safety glasses/visor. people look at you as if your about to explode.

So it can be my best moment of tomorrow :D

you forgot carrying a beaker of liquid at arms length, with a worried look on your face :D

So many good ideas. Keep on it and I'll go to a madhouse... or CIA will knock my door and arrest me. Since I'm in Brazil, the first possibility is more probable.

Edited by Ladeira

you forgot carrying a beaker of liquid at arms length, with a worried look on your face :D

Yea - drop a couple of pellets of dry ice into the liquid so that it bubbles and gives off what appears to be smoke as well! >:D

........................................................................................................................................

NEW POST:

Oh joy of joy!!! It's my lucky day! This months packaging magazine/catalogue has just arrived (I keep asking them to take me off of the mailing list, but they don't seem to get the message).... 300 pages of reviews/adds for little boxes, rolls of sellotape and bubble rap! This month hosts their special 10 year anniversary celerbration - and we lucky subscribers get a free flat packed 100ml box!

Edited by DrP
multiple post merged

Yea - drop a couple of pellets of dry ice into the liquid so that it bubbles and gives off what appears to be smoke as well! >:D

I cant forget to color the liquid red.

OMG, so many ideas :o

........................................................................................................................................

NEW POST:

Oh joy of joy!!! It's my lucky day! This months packaging magazine/catalogue has just arrived (I keep asking them to take me off of the mailing list, but they don't seem to get the message).... 300 pages of reviews/adds for little boxes, rolls of sellotape and bubble rap! This month hosts their special 10 year anniversary celerbration - and we lucky subscribers get a free flat packed 100ml box!

Sometimes people make me afraid... You made my best moment today, at least until now :o

Were you talking seriously?

Sometimes people make me afraid... You made my best moment today, at least until now :o

Were you talking seriously?

Thanks! - It's all true - except for the part about it being my best moment for the day - I'm not that sad! It really is the most boring magazine I've ever had the displeasure of reading - in fact it normally goes straight in the bin if I can't palm it off onto someone else in the factory! :D Still, free box though!

tsk tsk, it should be green. glowing as well prefferably.

No, no... make it black!

I think the best moment today was when I watched MythBusters while eating a healthy meal consisting of coke, fries, garlic dip, a Big Mac and two cheeseburgers. :D

:eek:

Just went to the vending machine to get a coke - as it fell it dislodged a packet of peanuts as well! Result! Free nuts and free box!

this day was no good to me...my cellphone went out of order and now it an't starting!
Out of order like there's no power, out of order like you can't make calls, or out of order like ever since you ran over it with your car it doesn't make any noise unless you shake the bag all the pieces are in?

Soda and snacks from one vending machine? Witchcraft! Blasphemy!

LoL! i posted about this on another forum I go to, check out these responses! :D

ChaplainGrimlight wrote:

coke and nuts? what kind of vending machine is that! lol

Popogeejo wrote:

A COKE-O-NUT MACHINE.

LoL! i posted about this on another forum I go to, check out these responses! :D

ChaplainGrimlight wrote:

coke and nuts? what kind of vending machine is that! lol

Popogeejo wrote:

A COKE-O-NUT MACHINE.

I recall the dark times when I saw such a machine at a local burger place. As I gazed upon its ungodly, black steel skeleton and shiny acrylic screen I fell down on my knees and screamed: "This be the work of Satan, the Dark Prince himself for no machine worthy in the eyes of the Lord shalt dispense both snack and drink alike!"

(On the topic of coconuts, coconut chocolate is freaking horrible and tastes a bit like evil and sewage)

Edited by Gilded