Science chat room

daisy

OK...LOL.....this stupid thing won't let me connect in the chat room. I might have known! :P:confused: AND!! I can't do the IRC thing either :embarass: Never mind.....I should probably be doing housework or something anyway :rolleyes:

I know that I have a program on my computer that bocks downloads and viruses and stuff, I have to shut it down for the chat and the arcade for them to work. Make sure you don't have any anti-viruses or fire walls that may block the download nessesary for the chat.

I know that I have a program on my computer that bocks downloads and viruses and stuff, I have to shut it down for the chat and the arcade for them to work. Make sure you don't have any anti-viruses or fire walls that may block the download nessesary for the chat.

So, I attack your ports when I see you in the chat room eh?

Interesting. :P

J/K there will be a way to set access for the IRC in your options.

I like the new easytoaccess button btw.

These programs are meant for protection and if there was a way past it (other then the user disabling it) then it would be quite useless. These programs are easily disabled for a short period of time. I had to disable mine once so that this site could put some cookies on my computer so that it could "remember" me so I wouldn't have to sign in everytime I come.

These programs are meant for protection and if there was a way past it (other then the user disabling it) then it would be quite useless. These programs are easily disabled for a short period of time. I had to disable mine once so that this site could put some cookies on my computer so that it could "remember" me so I wouldn't have to sign in everytime I come.

sounds like a software firewall

do you know what this/these program(s) are specifically?

ie. I use Norton Firewall, and they have a feature to allow certain sites to accept cookies from, and some not; allow some applications to access internet, and some block, etc.

sounds like a software firewall

do you know what this/these program(s) are specifically?

ie. I use Norton Firewall' date=' and they have a feature to allow certain sites to accept cookies from, and some not; allow some applications to access internet, and some block, etc.[/quote']

The most popular one is ZoneAlarm (by far).