Chem. Eng. VS Mech. Eng. and Chemist

ChemCed

hi`s... hellos... here the Philippines is lacking of chemical engineer so i decided to take up this course for a change and also to pursue my interest in chemistry.. heres the issue the president of PIChE (Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers) complained about unemployed Chem. Engrs., because some companies employ a mechanical engineer and a chemist to assist for a project.... QUESTION: could these 2 do the task together efficiently?:confused:

i know some mechanical engineers and some chemists and am studying chemical engineering myself and i would have to say, probably not.

there are parts they would get on with fine but i would have doubts about them getting the details and the environmental aspect of it.

I disagree.

You will find that in industry often an engineer or scientist works on projects relating to areas outside of his/her expertise. In that situation, the engineer/scientist utilizes intuition developed during studies to learn about this new field. The learning process becomes much easier when the engineer works in a group of differing knowledge and skill since each member can contribute insight to the overall understanding of the group.

Interdisciplinary teams are the best for performing complex projects requiring wide range of knowledge and experience.