My vote

ydoaPs

Who are you voting for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

Paris is too young, YT2095 doesn't have the citizenship requirements, and at this point I'm not hugely jazzed with either major candidate. I'm sure of what I'd like to see changed but I'm unsure if Obama will really change things that way, or at all.

I'm writing in Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich as Co-Presidents. And I want their cell phone numbers.

I voted for Paris and I don't recognize the age issue. Nobody else is following the constitution these days, so why start now? At least she's hot, and she'll paint the white house pink - The Pink House. That's more of a friendly, love kinda color - got to be great for diplomacy.

I'm still considering McCain and Obama, but doubtful.

I think the fact that McCain or Obama can get votes at all shows that suffrage may not be our best choice for finding quality leaders :eek:

I think the fact that McCain or Obama can get votes at all shows that suffrage may not be our best choice for finding quality leaders :eek:

Maybe we should try a draft of super smart people. Kinda like jury duty, but only nerds can be selected.

Maybe we should try a draft of super smart people. Kinda like jury duty, but only nerds can be selected.

...but seriously, intellectual skills seem to be barely considered in elections. Ideological proximity is great, but if the guy is an idiot (but I guess people are biased toward thinking that if someone is close to them in terms of ideology, they must be smart)...

... but if the guy is an idiot...

Then his dad's rich friends and the SCOTUS helps him sway the election in his favor so they can force their myopic and selfish policy ideas down everyones throats?

I wonder how successful your average mega-corp would be at finding a quality leader if it used employee suffrage to pick a CEO instead of the more meritocratic methods used now?

Edited by doG

...but seriously, intellectual skills seem to be barely considered in elections. Ideological proximity is great, but if the guy is an idiot (but I guess people are biased toward thinking that if someone is close to them in terms of ideology, they must be smart)...

Oh I know. I wouldn't be so upset about a president that's ideologically different from me when I know he's thoughtful and intelligent. At least I can rest assured that it's thought out, and maybe, just maybe, I'm wrong. :eek:

Batman wouldn't work out either. People already bitch about how much time Bush spends at his ranch in Texas. Batman stays holed up in the Bat Cave way more than that.

Of course, he'd probably have already nabbed OBL all on his own.

Of course, he'd probably have already nabbed OBL all on his own.

I think the problem with OBL is that it brings conflict into say Pakistan, which then include more of the geography like India. Plus I do not think Pakistan was put in the axis of evil, I also think we work with them, or at least that Pakistan is slightly more then neutral most the time with us. I mean Pakistan is not considered much I think for invasion.

I also think you then deal with an entire front of operations or whatever the military calls it that will require X amount of personal for however long. Which to keep what is currently running, such as Iraq and Afghanistan and everything else in support of that running would require a lot, I would tend to think draft would be required as standards to enlist can now allow felons on a waiver.

I also chose YT. I figured that he's quite a good egg really and he's British! He can revise the consitution so that the US becomes part of the empire again like it was before the rebellion (;)). He could change the 4th of July to 're-dependance' day or something like that.:D