Test of Effect from Future in Large Hadron Collider; A Proposal

http://arxiv.org/abs/0802.2991

We have earlier proposed the idea of making card drawing experiment of which outcome potentially decides whether Large Hadron Collider (LHC for short) should be closed or not. The purpose is to test theoretical models which, like e.g. our own model that has an imaginary part of the action with much a similar form to that of the real part. The imaginary part has influence on the initial conditions not only in the past but even from the future. It was speculated that all accelerators producing large amounts of Higgs particles like the Superconducting Super Collider (SSC for short) would call for initial conditions to have been so arranged as to finally not allow these accelerators to come to work. If there were such effects we could perhaps provoke a very clear cut "miracle" by having the effect make the drawn card be the one closing LHC. Here we shall, however, discuss that a total closing is hardly needed and seek to calculate how one could perform checking experiment for the proposed type of influence from future to be made in the statistically least disturbing and least harmful way.

We shall also discuss how to extract most information about our effect or model in the unlikely case that a card restricting the running of LHC or the Tevatron would be drawn at all, by estimating say the relative importance of high beam energy or of high luminosity for the purpose of our effect.

WTF?

Man's technology has exceeded his grasp. - 'The World is not Enough'

Zealous Nobel Prize hungry Physicists are racing each other and stopping at nothing to try to find the supposed 'Higgs Boson'(aka God) Particle, among others, and are risking nothing less than the annihilation of the Earth and all Life in endless experiments hoping to prove a theory when urgent tangible problems face the planet. The European Organization for Nuclear Research(CERN) new Large Hadron Collider(LHC) is the world's most powerful atom smasher that will soon be firing subatomic particles at each other at nearly the speed of light to create Miniature Big Bangs producing Micro Black Holes, Strangelets and other potentially cataclysmic phenomena.

CERN physicist Alvaro De Rújula in the BBC LHC documentary, 'The Six Billion Dollar Experiment', incredibly admits quote, "Will we find the Higgs particle at the LHC? That, of course, is the question. And the answer is, science is what we do when we don't know what we're doing." And CERN spokesmodel Brian Cox follows with this stunning quote, "the LHC is certainly, by far, the biggest jump into the unknown."

The CERN-LHC website Mainpage itself states quote: "There are many theories as to what will result from these collisions,..." Again, this is because they truly don't know what's going to happen. They are experimenting with forces they don't understand to obtain results they can't comprehend. If you think like most people do that 'They must know what they're doing' you could not be more wrong. Some people think the same thing about medical Dr.s but consider this by way of comparison and example from JAMA: "A recent Institute of Medicine report quoted rates estimating that medical errors kill between 44,000 and 98,000 people a year in US hospitals." The second part of the quote reads "...but what's for sure is that a brave new world of physics will emerge from the new accelerator,..." A molecularly changed or Black Hole consumed Lifeless World? The end of the quote reads "...as knowledge in particle physics goes on to describe the workings of the Universe." These experiments to date have so far produced infinitely more questions than answers but there isn't a particle physicist alive who wouldn't gladly trade his life to glimpse the "God particle", and sacrifice the rest of us with him.

This quote from National Geographic exactly sums this "science" up: "That's the essence of experimental particle physics: You smash stuff together and see what other stuff comes out."

Find out more about that "stuff" below;

Edited by Pangloss
spam links removed

How about the whole "clear cut 'miracle' by having the effect make the drawn card be the one closing LHC" angle this paper is pushing?

I don't really get it... they have a deck of cards and pick one?

Like picking a name from a hat?

• 1 year later...

I might like to think that colliders like these could be used to create pure elements like gold, but so much energy for minute quantities. Maybe use industrial machines like these colliders to terraform atmospheres on other planets, even our own if plant life should diminish here. Not sure about black holes from these though, it's not like we are creating massive suns or galaxy in the thing, just particle smashing, I don't know whether to believe the Higgs bosom or not, but I would figure that whatever unbalanced particles are present would bond to other unbalanced particles. Maybe we need to build one in space for it to work at its potential to see the Higgs boson?

we don't need something as powerful as the LHC to transmute elements.

also, terraforming by transmutation would be so grossly inefficient that it would be easier and take less energy to stick a big chemical rocket onto the planet and move it into a different orbit.

Ivan Gorelik, your discussion of the "magnetic collapse" has its own thread, which was locked because you refused to follow the rules of discussion. Hijacking other threads to discuss it is also against the rules. STOP IT.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,568528,00.html

"Large Hadron Collider 'Being Sabotaged from the Future'"

Leave it to Fox news to sensationalize these things as usual. Realistically, all these physicists are simply contemplating is "dark matter" or the effects of temporary black holes.

You people won't believe me but in my other thread I said I may add a 3rd installment and it was going to include thoughts on the LHC and it was LITERALLY GOING TO BE WHAT THIS FOX NEWS ARTICLE EXPLAINS ABOUT 2 PHYSICISTS THEORIES CONCERNING "MISFORTUNE" AND REASONS WHY THE LHC WON'T WORK OR THE HIGGS WON'T BE FOUND.

I believe we can find evidence of something but I believe it will only show itself randomly - random enough to be considered "inconclusive".

I believe the Higgs will display chaotic/unpredicatable tendancies and its appearance may bestow misfortune/malfunction or "warps in the probability field" making it a very difficult thing to verify. My proposal would be to do "blind tests" requiring a 2nd or even 3rd LHC as best way to have the chance to spot it. My other proposal would also be to move the experiments to the moon where the radiation of these experiments is much less harmfull to us.