Hot Sauce Recipes

ecoli

I planted serrano peppers this year and they're just starting to be ready for harvest. Anybody have any good hot sauce recipes? I've been wanting to make my own for a while.

(Also growing my own tomatoes and garlic)!

Sounds like good salsa fixin's if you ask me. Food processor, chopped tomatoes, garlic, and peppers (maybe some onion, salt, pepper, and cilantro if you like that) whiz it up... get some chips.

You could make pickled peppers (like for nachos), or even just cut 'em up and add them to some vinegar and let them sit for a bit.

I don't have any recipes myself, I tend to cook and mix ingredients that "seem" right... A little of this/A little of that.

When some people say "hot sauce" they mean salsa. Did you actually mean pepper sauce?

Either way, have fun with it. I used to pick my peppers right off the plant and bite into them. Some have serious kick, but it's a nice adrenaline rush.

Right on. I don't have any recipes of my own (I really hope someone will chime in with a few they've tried), but you can also check out a site like the below, review the ingredients list, and then experiment from there. Don't forget the frozen margaritas. Cheers.

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/review-green-bandit-basil-serrano-hot-sauce/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I was just making myself some dinner, and was using Sriracha when I remembered this thread. Did you ever make your hot sauce or salsa, ecoli? If so, how'd it turn out?

Yeah!

It turned out great. I've been making it all fall and I just recently ran out of chili peppers. I'm wondering how I can manage with store bought until next fall.