Making an ant farm...

The main problem is that I couldn't find that old woman! hmm.. there must be a way of luring her out of the nest! She has got to move somehow! probably making a more comfortable toilet!

the queen won't likely to move out on her own unless she senses imminent danger to her. not even if you candy-coat a gold brick. she has to be found and either dug-out or plucked-out in most cases. also, desite her size, she may be quite fast if the situation warrants.

Sorry for the perhaps very stupid question, but doesn't the queen ant have wings?

No meaning to upset you guys by raising more difficulties, but that may add a difficulty if you find her and need to catch her...

~moo

Queen ants have wings UNTIL they become the mother of a colony, meaning that as soon as they become a bag of eggs they lose their wings (as they wouldn't be able to fly anyway). As for any other subject, I'm no help- I only read about ants (I had planned to do something with them for a science fair, but the science fair never happened...).