My new theory

einstienman123

I am a stundent finishing my doctor's degree (in science) at Harvard. One night I was studing for an exam in my dorm when an idea hit me. :doh: It was random yes but I was thinking about how after I'd parked my car tonight I just fell, got a little dizzy for about a second, and then I was fine. My new theory explains all those random trips or times when you feel dizzy for only a moment and then it is over. Instentaneous reversals of gravity. Maybe I'm a lunatic, maybe a genius, who knows, who even cares, just take a moment to let this all sink in. :embarass: So short, there is no time for it to effect anything other than humans and animals. Please respond to this and tell me if I am a genius of a loony.

Sincerely,

Rupert A. Falcone

I'm pretty sure those moments are caused by invisible space gnomes who try to knock you out and steal your socks. At least that's what I was taught in high school. (By the way contrary to popular belief these gnomes steal only pairs of socks; if single socks go missing from the washing machine or the sock drawer it's because of a poorly understood macroscopic phenomenon somewhat similar to the Pauli exclusion principle. You should try to collapse the wavefunctions of your socks every now and then, just in case.)

As a doctorate student you should be aware of the formal peer review process and have good access too it, and as your doctorate is in "science" you should also be aware of the requirement on modern physical theories to be mathematical in nature.

Well I don't have a doctorate yet (and probably never), but getting dizzy from a gravitational shift would have to do with the inner ear. To make you dizzy, the gravity reversal would have to affect the fluid in your ear, causing you to be disoriented and dizzy. If it could affect the fluid in your ear, then it would be able to affect all fluids as well as everything else on the earth and I'm sure someone would have noticed. Hopefully. :)

There are many problems with this as YT and IA have pointed out a couple.

We must also consider the fact that if you suggest this you need to come up with some mechanisim for which gravity can be "reversed" and there's currently no evidence that negative gravity exists.

I am sure there are more sound medical reasons why people get dizzy now and again. Anti-gravity does not sound like a very straight forward and supported hypothesis.

And this from a science graduate student at Harvard? Why don't you ask Georgi, Glashow, Jaffe or Vafa. They all in the physics department at Harvard. Maybe they will offer some advice!

Yes I think that alcohol is definitely connected to these anti gravity dizzy spells, I too have experienced them after several vodka+red bulls:D

i concur, why just a few nights ago i was holding onto the ground for dear life when i was caught it one of those alcohol related reversals of gravity.

Another way to look at this, is to think in terms of an energy balance in the brain. Humans have will power and are able to store data that complements the brain's natural design, exceeds it, or even fall short of it. The brain may be doing a shuffle to restore steady state.

In terms of natural survival, adaptation require constant flexibility. Whereas something like a Phd is very narrow. An analogy is leaving one picture on an old fashion computer monitor. It burns into the screen. The screen saver shuts it off with a dynamic picture, so the entire screen shares the burden and you don't get one burn image. It scrambles the mind to make you think or worry about something else, like a screen saver. The gravity idea has led your mind down a creative path. If taken symbolically, rather that be attached to the narrow mind (gravity) it wants you to defy that (anti-gravity). Be free to think but also be practical to program requirements.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it was a sudden reversal of gravity, everyone around the world would trip at the same time. And it couldn't be the gravity feild of humans changing, because their mass is far too small to have that much gravity. Really, I don't think you're a loony.. Maybe you're walking over an area of the earth with more density of materials? That would increase the gravity.

I am a stundent finishing my doctor's degree (in science) at Harvard. One night I was studing for an exam in my dorm when an idea hit me. :doh: It was random yes but I was thinking about how after I'd parked my car tonight I just fell, got a little dizzy for about a second, and then I was fine. My new theory explains all those random trips or times when you feel dizzy for only a moment and then it is over. Instentaneous reversals of gravity. Maybe I'm a lunatic, maybe a genius, who knows, who even cares, just take a moment to let this all sink in. :embarass: So short, there is no time for it to effect anything other than humans and animals. Please respond to this and tell me if I am a genius of a loony.

Sincerely,

Rupert A. Falcone

JG: It is gravity and physics. When you were sitting in the car, your blood pool was at a certain center of gravity level. As you stood up, the blood left your head and you got dizzy. Just sit on the floor and stand up quickly, the same thing will happen. Some people are more effected than others.

JG: It is gravity and physics. When you were sitting in the car, your blood pool was at a certain center of gravity level. As you stood up, the blood left your head and you got dizzy. Just sit on the floor and stand up quickly, the same thing will happen. Some people are more effected than others.

I was going to say that. I think there is a name for it. You can cite Dictionary.com as a reference in your thesis.