Marijuana evolution

Understood. I respect your argument (though i do not agree with it in its entirety). I also apologize if i actually offended you, but i fell really strongly about this and have never been one to hide my true feelings (especially over the internet, far enough away to avoid a sharp smack to the head)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, understood. You did not actually offend me. Very little offends me, the least of which a persons opinion. My only reason for responding is that you hold some false beliefs about drugs, you don't seem to understand there is a difference between "Use" and "abuse".

Anything can be abused. I believe Jesus was the one who said "Everything in moderation". Drinking to much water can kill you, having to much sex (unsafely) or doing to many drugs. Eat too many cheeseburgers seems to be quickly approaching #1 killer.

Guest Darkstar04
Oh yeah, badchad, i don't just make sure it "looks clean." My circle has a very strict inspection process. Once a month we all get tested, and share the results. If someone new is screwed by anyone, either in the circle or on the side, suspend bang-sessions with that person, until safety is ensured.

-----

Whatever. You are addicted to sex. You are the same as any other junkie who follows safe injection practices, you self-righteous sp**mbucket.

As true as that cheeseburger thing is (damn, they're good with extra bacon and double-cheese!!!), i've met very few people who can handle anything in moderation. It's not how we're evolved. we still haven't gotten over that phase to take alot of what we want. So we do. Until our species (or some viable offshoot of it) developes the proper mental capacity to deny itself excess, anything that could be used safely in moderation (and let me remind you, some people, not many, but some, get totally wasted off of half a glass of wine.) It doesn't help that everything about modern society pretty much screams more more more. By saying "not everyone abuses it," you're pretty much saying "the rest doesn't matter, 'cuz those guys over there are responsible. Yeah those two, right there, behind the other three thousand." This isn't a one sided statement of course, just a simple point from a valid certain point of view.

- Whatever. You are addicted to sex. You are the same as any other junkie who follows safe injection practices' date=' you self-righteous

sp**mbucket.

---------------

Ouch. Serious ouch...... but please, try to keep your tone even and rational. As i have learned in these last few sessions, ([i']and i apologize for some of my earlier, more harsh accusations[/i]), simply spouting off does little to make a point, it simply demonstrates a lack in control and proves that he (or she) who does the spouting is clearly extremely biased. I don't believe you offered a valid contribution to the discussion as it is at this point :D

oh, yeah, i don't recall talking about unsafe drug use and the transmission of diseases associated with it. Besides, you don't have to be a HIV-infected needle-user, or even a heavy drinker to lose focus on the road and pin a mini-van against an Suburban with your truck.

Usually you don't get wasted from having sex. Although it would be quite a bad idea to get laid while driving. That's an orgasm you wouldn't soon forget, if you made it home alive. Oh, ouch, and can you imagine if your girlfriend was giving you an "oral treatment" while you were driving, and you had to sudenly hit the breaks. Oh, ouch :-(

And as for the human use of drugs for thousands of year, much of that consisted (at least intially) as a way to embrace the spirit world. What they did (at first) was seen as magical and holy, not a way to get wasted for the heck of it.

And as far as i know, medicine men and shamans didn't just sit in their huts sucking flowers all day. It was, in most societies, a ceremonial ritual (i know, ceremony, ritual, redundant) they practiced carefully, often in moderation (based off of what we know to be true of their most recent decendents).

Secondly, you don't hear alot about stoned tribe elders crashing wooly rhinos into another clan's caves (of course, without a few of their newspapers, we'll never know)

One last thing. DRZ, those numbers you gave stating number of deaths in 2000, did those numbers include deaths resulting of an indirect use of pot, whether the death of the user or someone else?

And don't say something like "anything can be deadly if you give it a chance."

I know that more people are killed each year by falling coconuts than by sharks, but that doesn't mean people who like those "snowball" pastries are putting themselves at risk. Although, i suppose that if people didn't eat coconuts, there would be fewer reasons for people to get near the trees, thus resulting in fewer deaths. BUt that's not the point. Anyway, I don't even like coconut.

And as for my "addiction to sex," that's a stupid accusation. I can live without it. I mean, recently I had a boyfriend who was totally boyscout, and didn't want premarital sex to occur (i didn't agree, but i wasn't going to break it off over something so trivial). I went three months without it before i broke up with him, and then, i only dumped him because i found out he was screwing antoher girl, after his phony speech about indulgence, and pretty much carving it in stone that ours' would be an exclusive, long lasting relationship made special by a pure, innocent outlook on love. Even then i suspected he was a stoner. Total crap. But he was nice and funny, so i put up with his religious hangups, and didn't even once considering giving in to temtation, and trust me, i know a few hot guys and girls who are really good in bed who wanted me to spend an hour or two with them in their rooms.

After that it took a while to trust another guy at all. Didn't get laid for another two months (unless a nightly vibrator session counts).

Guest Darkstar04

Ouch. Serious ouch...... but please, try to keep your tone even and rational. As i have learned in these last few sessions, (and i apologize for some of my earlier, more harsh accusations), simply spouting off does little to make a point, it simply demonstrates a lack in control and proves that he (or she) who does the spouting is clearly extremely biased. I don't believe you offered a valid contribution to the discussion as it is at this point :D

Uh, yeah. Clearly biased. Uh huh. Sort of like your straw man arguments where you extrapolate the behavior of a few drug users to make bold statements amount all drug users.

oh, yeah, i don't recall talking about unsafe drug use and the transmission of diseases associated with it.

Not my point, either. My point is that your behavior increases risk of harm to you and others. You are, however, addicted to sex, your drug of choice. You take steps to reduce harm (which is commendable) But anyone can take such steps - like designated drivers etc.

Besides, you don't have to be a HIV-infected needle-user, or even a heavy drinker to lose focus on the road and pin a mini-van against an Suburban with your truck.

Another nice straw man argument, easily extended to simply outlaw and condemn any car larger then a toyota tercel. But I will rise to it -

DON'T USE RECREATIONAL DRUGS AND DRIVE!!

Usually you don't get wasted from having sex.

Heh. . .actually, the brain-chemistry is fairly similar.

Although it would be quite a bad idea to get laid while driving.

Just like drugs, too. . .hey, I'm liking this analogy.

Point is, you get all up on your friggin high horse about people who use drugs because you apparently (if I can believe what someone on the internet says) you have known an inordinate amount of morons. Well, I have known both drug users who ARE responsible, and sex addicts who weren't, and I'll take the former over the latter any day.

Lastly, i never said people who do drugs are innately bad. The habit is. But they still made the choice to take up the habit, despite their knowledge of its effects. And so what if safe users outnumber bad users. does that still erase all the harm done by them? Isn't that almost kinda sorta saying that bad things should be ignored if neutral versions of the same thing outnumber the abusive ones?

By saying "not everyone abuses it," you're pretty much saying "the rest doesn't matter, 'cuz those guys over there are responsible. Yeah those two, right there, behind the other three thousand." This isn't a one sided statement of course, just a simple point from a valid certain point of view.

Even though your lifestyle vastly contradicts mine i will not judge you for it. However, just to comment on that statement, you fit in the EXACT same catagory. I've never HEARD of anyone who is as careful with sex as you are. Which if you are going do it, i guess is the best way. But you see, that point cant be used against him when it applies so perfectly to you. I have not yet participated in sex, and do not plan to take marajauna, but both are incredibly addictive and have caused tremendous trauma in many people's lives, psychologically and physically. You are BOTH among a minority that has figured a way to be resposible with dangerous tools, and society may never be ready to take on the level of responsibility that you have (if you both are indeed as capable of being responsible as you claim)

The tacos is an Invader Zim quote. Or as the devote of us call it scripture. And i dont really design diatoms. You do know what diatoms are right? no offense of coarse if you dont. I'll just mention them incase. They're protists (single cell eukaryotic organisms) with shells of silicon dioxide i believe, and they are very pretty looking (you of coarse need a microscope to see them)

I new what they are, otherwise i wouldn't have given the statementy a second glance. I guess i was just stupid to assume that, wtih all the new-fangled bio-sciences in medicine and even modern art that someone might actually mess around with the things. You know, the way horticulturists ca control the growth and spiraling of a trunk, or use hormones to induce drastic, sometimes really cool changes.

And yes, they are very pretty, but some of them (i don't know the species names) can be quite large, large enough to see with the naked eye (not very well though).

Either way, I like nudibranches better

Usually you don't get wasted from having sex.

Well, I'd say you haven't met the right guy yet :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can't, and won't, really argue this point any further. Some people think drugs are bad, and regardless of how much information they are shown to the contrary will not change their mind. Same with sex, cheeseburgers or wine.

And no, those numbers did not account for the deaths caused by indirect usage. But I mean indirect pot smoking death could be some numbnuts stoner smoking a joint while driving (always use a pipe) and drop it down his pants, or on the floor, causing them to swerve and hit another car.

And you told me not too, but I will anyhow. My mother is a paramedic. She has never, NEVER picked up a person involved in an accident stoned. For one, they cannot verify stonedness, and two, most accidents happen with sober drivers, theirs more of them.

• 1 year later...

I understand that it has been over a year since the last posting but was searching the web and found this forum and felt the need to add something.

1st the comment that all drugs are bad. I watch tv alot (a horrid thing I know) and i see drug commercials all day long are they all bad too. if you have high blood pressure and have tried diet and exercise but still can't get it low enough "too bad, drugs and bad"

2nd number of deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following causes nationwide according to the World almanacs, LIfe Insurance actuarial rates and 20 years of surgeon general's reports.

asprin (including deliberate overdose)180-1000

caffeine(from stress, ulcers and triggering irregular heartbeats ,etc)1000-10000

illicicit drug overdose (deliberate or accidental from all illegal drugs)3800-5200

marijuana 0

marijuana users aslo have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway deaths and accidents than the general non marijuana using population according to crancer study ,uclaand mary other studies thru out the world for names of studies just ask

original question guys: Why THC in plants?

My theory: Plants develope different kinds of poisons' date=' which are able to kill animals, who eat those plants. THC might have had a bad influence on animals like maybe certain Insects. This of course is just a theory of mine.[/quote']

I'm not sure wheather it is the thc or another of the chemical compounds in the plant or a combo of chemicals, but cannabis is able to be grown with out pestisides or herbicides. it also is able to protect its self from sun damage better than many plants.

In canada were they are growing hemp for its food(hemp seed oil very high in omega 3 and 6 and has G.L.A)hemp flour ( gluten free , high protein 41%.)and fiber, they are not using pesticides or herbicides and they soils are becoming more fertile, because they can now do a good three year crop rotation.

thanks for letting me vent. peace and love

I also wonder how the pot plant got it's THC. I love smoking weed. I smoke about 3 days a week. Thats when i can find any. I hate alcohol, and i never even touched any other drug. I smoke weed to relax and meditate. I dunno about it making people nature lovers, but my god nature looks so cool while high. :) Weed just makes everything better and funnier, especially Family Guy. :D

and as for AzurePhoenix :Dlink

Urgh... Its not about "addiction" its about "stimulation." We all take part in the stimulis struggle, its an inherent part of being human, and other animals face it too. Someone who is overstimulated in some parts of the lives they lead will gear them towards understimulating hobbies, such as fishing. Many people with layed back lifestyles will seek greater stimuli. Realize these stimulations can come from a variety of sources; sex, drugs, flying kites, driving, etc.

A rare animal indeed is the human who can balance the stimulis struggle to a point where his stimulation "pendulum" is always near the center of its swing. Most of us crash from one side to the other without even realizing it. Marijuana is one of those stimulations people seek because its a wonderous drug in the fact that it can either hype you up and cause greater stimulation, or slow us down and cause us to relax, all depending on mood.

I worked as security in a club for a long time, and I can tell you this much... Its much easier to deal with and remove an individual under the influence of marijuana then dealing with someone under the influence of alchohol. Usually the latter must be removed through violence and force, while the former can be convinced to leave without so much as touching them.

Lastly, illegalizing pot in the USA was a racist, political move against minorities the government had issues with at the time, much like Opium was illegalized because of the Asians in the 1900-1920s who were working in the west on railroads. I wont go in depth, but if you think marijuana is illegal because its bad for you you are sadly mistaken.. :rolleyes:

Lastly, illegalizing pot in the USA was a racist, political move against minorities the government had issues with at the time, much like Opium was illegalized because of the Asians in the 1900-1920s who were working in the west on railroads. I wont go in depth, but if you think marijuana is illegal because its bad for you you are sadly mistaken.. :rolleyes:

I say legalize it. My theory is that it won't be "cool" anymore, so everyone will stop doing it as much. Another fact is that if it was regulated, it would be harder for kids to get. When I was in high school, it was much, much easier to get a bag of that crap than a bottle of liquor.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know if marijuana causes permanent brain damage? I've read some studies that say pot's been shown to hinder short-term memories in heavy users, but it did not say what "heavy users" meant or what "hinder" meant. How frquently does a heavy user smoke and for how many years before effects on memory are noticed? Does a hindered memory mean permanently damaged memory or just not performing as well as it could be during and around the time of getting high?