Marijuana evolution

Ask anybody who smokes weed and they will tell you they like nature. The stereotypical stoner hippies always want to save animals and forests. I began smoking about 3 years ago on a casual basis and since I have taken an intrest in biology and evolution and I think it is because of weed. So you have to admit that there is something in weed that makes you like and appreciate nature.

So there is something in the chemical THC that when the brain gets high on it over a period of time it slowing makes you like nature. But is this just a fluke of evolution that this plant gets this unusual chemical or is there something behind evolution...like a god.

So how does science explain the evolution of THC in marijuana without saying from random mutations when this plants evolution had a goal. Humans are smart and destructive so marijuana get us high while slowing making our minds appreciate and like nature. And it makes us peaceful. Maybe nature has the key to world peace.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know quite alot of people who smoke quite alot of ganga, and id just like to say most arent your sterotypical hippies......to be honest i rarely see this in cannibis users. Maybe the fact that it slows your mind down so much you seem to notice the small things in life.....

But i would still like toi know what the THC's role is in the plant

So how does science explain the evolution of THC in marijuana without saying from random mutations when this plants evolution had a goal. Humans are smart and destructive so marijuana get us high while slowing making our minds appreciate and like nature. And it makes us peaceful. Maybe nature has the key to world peace.

This is called the "Correlation vs. Causation" fallacy.

Take your stereotypes and return to your cave.

I'm not like that' date=' and neither are most of the people I know who do it.[/quote']

you smoke? didnt think that would help uni.......i totally agree with you though

I have a high GPA in a science major at a top tier private university and coadmin this site, and I do things way beyond smoking a joint. My point is the stereotype that people who do such things is equally invalid, and I don't appreciate the comment "didn't think that would help uni.."

Jeeze faf, thought you would be the last person to touch anyting. Glad its not anything heavier, nor more frequent. I'm sure with all you do, you need to unwind once and a while:-p I still havn't touched it, anything for that matter.

btw... mom smokes it, shes a major manager at the IRS. Supposedly the best in the country on her level. She smokes it like 2-3 times a day maybe.

' date=' nor more frequent. I'm sure with all you do, you need to unwind once and a while:-p I still havn't touched it, anything for that matter.

[/quote']

Good, its advisable not to.

I know a good number of people who were once decent and had brains but with excessive use they just got brain dead and became idiots..........most of my area actually, (i live in the "drug capital" of NZ)

Good' date=' its advisable not to.

I know a good number of people who were once decent and had brains but with excessive use they just got brain dead and became idiots..........most of my area actually, (i live in the "drug capital" of NZ)[/quote']

Yea, I never plan on doing anything, ever. Brother was killed because his ride decided to pick him up drunk and high. Hit a telephone pole at 114MPH. That and found some type of viles in my basement when I was 10 or so. Forever straied from anything.

Jeeze faf, thought you would be the last person to touch anyting. Glad its not anything heavier, nor more frequent.

well actually... lets just say marijuana is not my substance of choice. and i know lots of people like me who can handle things once in a while without any problems or habituation...

on another note, would you happen to be marzman from vb5? ;)

well actually... lets just say marijuana is not my substance of choice. and i know lots of people like me who can handle things once in a while without any problems or habituation...

on another note' date=' would you happen to be marzman from vb5? ;)[/quote']

Oi:-( don't tell me its worse. I would hate to hear that:-(

And yes, I am:-p

• 1 month later...

:eek:

Have you not seen the 'Scientifically Accurate' documentary "Reefer Madness"?

Oh no, the tree-hugging, animal-saving, bong-toting Hippies are gonna take over the planet and force you to wear tie-dyed hemp. Quick everyone to the 'Patriot Cave' and put on your 'Homeland Blinders' and maybe you won't be overrun by the Ganga gangs roaming free in Potsville, USA.

a long time ago people probably discovered marijuana by accident, and then cultivated it. Marijuana might interest you in nature when you first start smoking it but usually after a while it just becomes a way to relax for some people.

It all depends on how you define 'drugs'. What's considered drugs in one country can be perfectly legal in another country. So linking people who use drugs occasionally to being bad for society isn't right.

Does anyone of you now that alcohol is considered a 'hard drugs' but still perfectly legal in almost every country? You can't kill yourself by smoking a lot of marijuana, but it's fairly easy to drink yourself straight into a hospital.

What about the people that drink coffee the entire day? It wouldn't suprise me that if you used pure caffeïne you'd more or less get the same effect as using cocaïne since they're both stimulants.

So are we considering coffeedrinkers to be criminals? No, ofcourse not. Why not? It just all depends on how a person handles whatever he or she does. Too much simply is too much, you just have to know you're limits and that counts for everything we do..

Back to the subject: To imply that the plant somehow wants to defend itself by introducing "pro-nature" thought patterns into another organism, goes too far and suggests an active intelligence. I would agree that THC probably started out as a defense mechanism and then, when its effects were accidentally discovered when someone dumped a load of it on the fire, was selectively cultivated for potency.

You're going by pure anecdotal evidence. Going by my anecdotal evidence, I only know a few people who smoke pot who actually care about nature. Most of the people I know who smoke pot couldn't care any less for the environment.