$1000 prize to trace an IP address

Aardvark

A Canadian blogger has offered $1000 to anyone who can trace the source of a death threat posted on his blog. Anyone here up to the task and fancy making a bit of money?

http://ezralevant.com/

''Tonight at 10:30 p.m. MT I received this comment posted to my blog:

ezra you will be killed by my hands

The IP address from which the comment was made is 72.137.199.43

I'm not a good Internet sleuth; I think that's a Rogers account. That's all I know. But I'd like to know more.''

''UPDATE: Here are some more clues for you. I searched for the above IP address within my blog's statistics program, and I came up with the information here. The user is in Toronto, the host name is "CPE001217af1113-CM00195eebd328.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com" and the ISP is called "Rogers Cable Inc. Wlfdle" I don't know what Wlfdle means -- do you?''

The IP block for that IP belongs to Rogers Cable Communications Inc. and the network name is ON-ROG-7-WLFDLE-6. The user would need to contact Rogers for more information.

Would that mean that the poster might not be using a proxy at all?

It means either it's been closed and removed, or they're not using a proxy at all, and a quick report to the police/ISP should be easily resolved...

It means either it's been closed and removed, or they're not using a proxy at all, and a quick report to the police/ISP should be easily resolved...

So maybe you're about to make yourself an easy $1000?