Issues with new server

I just made a test post with some expletives in it and it posted (and then I deleted it), so either the fix worked or it was Murphy's law — a long, labor-intensive post gets lost, but the one full of cursing makes it.

But I can get to the main admin page again.

Don't know if this is due to the move or not, but I am trying to upload a Movable Type flat file from my old blog into Wordpress using the "import tool", and getting the helpful error message "there was a problem uploading the file".

Considering how long it takes to return that message, i suspect it is uploading the file then falling foul of directory permissions when it tries to write it.

I Did have problem with the "my account" pull down window, it would open up top left to bottom right Very slowly (nearly 2 seconds), but now it`s all perfect again, and I`m left with only the PM window and all the icons taking best part of minute to load, and the back button doesn`t really work unless I click it twice.

but unless someone else is having the same thing happen, I can`t rule out that it`s not something My end.

it seems to have good days and bad days, and most of the probs are related to the DNS as it mostly "hangs" on looking for scienceforums.net or words to that effect.

The clock isn't GMT, its GMT-1 at the moment. I'm guessing it hasn't taken into account daylight saving hours, we're currently on the summer stint so an hour ahead of normal.

No, the server is in GMT, the UK is currently in BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1, GMT does not change the UK changes out of GMT for daylight saving.

I Did have problem with the "my account" pull down window, it would open up top left to bottom right Very slowly (nearly 2 seconds), but now it`s all perfect again, and I`m left with only the PM window and all the icons taking best part of minute to load, and the back button doesn`t really work unless I click it twice.

but unless someone else is having the same thing happen, I can`t rule out that it`s not something My end.

it seems to have good days and bad days, and most of the probs are related to the DNS as it mostly "hangs" on looking for scienceforums.net or words to that effect.

I am having similar problems. I suspect that something like zlib or mcache is misfiring on the server, but it could be any of a number of things. Possibly it is a server caching problem.

No, the server is in GMT, the UK is currently in BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1, GMT does not change the UK changes out of GMT for daylight saving.

I was under the impression that although we are on BST, GMT was adjusted accordingly so that the time zones don't balls up too much. I know most countries adopted daylight saving and the equivalent of BST so I just presumed GMT followed suit, thanks for pointing it out.

I was under the impression that although we are on BST, GMT was adjusted accordingly so that the time zones don't balls up too much. I know most countries adopted daylight saving and the equivalent of BST so I just presumed GMT followed suit, thanks for pointing it out.

The easiest way to think of GMT is the time a sundial would show at Greenwich ;)

Probably UTC rather than GMT, but I may be the only one around who cares. :)

For all of us lower life forms they're the same ;)

(GMT is the same as UT1 right?)

Yeah, basically. GMT is a solar measurement, though, and UT1 uses stars, so there are some small differences.

I am having similar problems. I suspect that something like zlib or mcache is misfiring on the server, but it could be any of a number of things. Possibly it is a server caching problem.

I'll have a look today, but I have to say that I'm not seeing any of these problems?

• 3 weeks later...