Knowledge

Xain

seeing as we have no diea what level 'physics 1' is then that doesn't help. but trigonometry will be very very useful, so would vector maths.

my highschool didn't have a seperate class on nuclear radiation but that was a whole topic in the normal physics class. i'd say it was normal. it covers a fair number of fields in physics and is a good allrounder to study.

Some knowledge of trigonometry and basic euclidean geometry is essential unless you are only dealing with 1-dimensional systems. As I (like insane_alien) have no idea what is covered in physics 1 and physics 2 it is impossible to say if you need it or not. Either way, it will prove useful to you to get to grips with trigonometry.

i was told today that i need to learn Trig before i get into a physics class

is this true?

and what do i need to know when i go into a physics classroom?

I'm assuming your referring to a standard American high school physics curriculum, in which case, I'd say yes. You'll be making and interpreting graphs and you need some things you learn in trigonometry for that. They'll probably review it for you but it would be easier just to take the class first. You'd probably need it as a math credit to graduate anyway, right?

Not a very sciency answer, but I think it's what you're looking for.