Suggestions for Experiments

mooeypoo

Here is your place to suggest more cool ideas for experiments, or for other cool phenomena that you would like me to demonstrate.

If you think you have something too cool to share (surprise, perhaps?) you are also welcome to send me an email:

experiments [at] smarterthanthat [dot] com

And don't forget: When in Doubt, Try it Out!

how about electrolysis of water demonstration to show how to produce hydrogen gas (relevant to hydrogen fuel technology).

and/or - making your own soap using a soponification reaction.

Edited by ecoli

How about studying how much friction is created across and inside various parts of the body during intercourse?

It's certainly hard to top that, but how about something small-scale with radioluminescence?

How about an oscillating chemical reaction?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briggs-Rauscher_reaction

it is a cool reaction, and one I plan on doing myself eventually also, I have everything here except the Malonic acid, I went to order some a little while ago and got 500g of Malic acid instead:embarass:

I should have waited until I`d had my morning coffee before ordering:doh:

The old "Nylon Rope Trick" isn't a bad demo. You pour in your diamine thingy and add your sebacoyl chloride as a second layer - dip your rod in (phenar phenar) and pull out the rope from the interface between the two liquids as they polimerise. Can be difficault to get right and sometimes needs a little practice, but demonstrates polymerisation quite well. Nylon is something everyone knows about as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.