If the multiverse exists, there must be a finite not an infinite number of universes

It struck me that if M-Theory is correct about why the force of gravity is so weak compared to the other forces; namely because gravitons are able to escape our universe and phase into the multiverse, thereby diluting the strength of gravity, then the common claim that there could be an infinite number of parallel universes is actually not correct. If there were an infinite number of parallel universes then the strength of gravity would be zero, or rather "Fgravity / infinity" which is considered to be 0. Since anyone who has done dilutions in chemistry class knows that the larger the number after the colon (eg. a 1:10 dilution) the more diluted the solution is, the same principle should therefore also apply to the dilution of gravity (yes, I know this is physics not chemistry, but work with me here).

That means that there has to be a finite number of other branes, not an infinite number.

I didn't know m-theory said anything about a multiverse, and the wp article doesn't mentioned them...

I know it talks about other dimensions but that's something different, and there's a finite number, I thought the "leaking" was between them as well...

It it could be that gravity is confined to 'clumps' of different universes rather than the infinite number that is predicted.

Basically, we have our own electromagnetic forces, nuclear forces etc but we have to share gravity with a few friends :)

It's been a while since I visited this forum. I noticed a rule change regarding speculations, reinforced by this header post from Dave:

Please note that all posts that are baseless in scientific fact or that are outside of mainstream physics can and will be moved to the Speculations forum. Make sure that you think about the nature of your post before you hit the "post" button.

I also note a number of threads which feature speculations, including this one. Can I say this: the multiverse is pseudoscience. There's no scientific evidence for this speculation, and even though it has a veneer of "mainstream" respectability, it is untestable moonshine. It is not science. Whilst many do not currently share this view, I am confident that one day they will.

It's in theoretical physics and talking mostly about M-Theory, which I'd put in speculations (not psudoscience) but others prefer it here and I've no serious objections against it so I wont move it.