Heat Power

foursixand2

It is so damn hot. And i probably dont have any right to cry, relative to Arizonans, Nevadans, or anywhere else where its similarly sweltering. I cant help but think this heat ought to be doing something. There must be some way to harvest energy from this heat, is there a system like this in use? Maybe it would just be solar energy, i dont even know how that works though. What im thinking of is like fields of metal rods, painted the blackest black absorbing all the heat, making energy, and then routing it back to me, running an AC. All this heat can be put to work, i know it. Tell me how so i can make one.

All this heat can be put to work, i know it.

To start off with you would need temperature differences. If the energy is high in one location (hot) then it will easily move to a location where energy is low (cold). You can then use this movement of energy to do work.

However, if there is high energy all around, then it has nowhere to go and so you get no movement of energy and so can't do work.

The sunlight itself constitutes a High energy, and the environment constitutes as a low energy. So you could do work by getting it from the sunlight. This would be in the form of solar cells.

Another method might be to concentrate the sunlight at a point, thus creating an artificially higher zone of energy (heat) and using the energy from that. If you concentrated enough you could use it to boil water and then pipe that pressurised steam through a steam turbine to generate power.

You can purchase solar heaters commercially.

However, if you insist on doing it, you get some solar cells with silicon oxide layer, line them up in parallel and hook it up to an electric heater.

You can use it to boil water, even if you don't want to create a turbinal effect, simple heating can be acheived of bathwater etc.

cheers

Overlord Out!